John Jefferson Flowers Memorial Hall
Built in 1909, John Jefferson Flowers Memorial Hall was the first building on the Montgomery campus. Today, it is the College’s main administration building, housing the Offices of the President, Admission, College and Alumni Relations, Communication, Campus Technology, and Academic Affairs, as well as classrooms and faculty offices in its four stories. Harvard University architecture professor H. Langford Warren, a native of England, used the Collegiate Gothic architecture of Cambridge and Oxford Universities as his model for the building, which is topped by a steeple graced with gargoyles. The foyer leads into Leon and Myra Allman Ligon Chapel, where the 114-rank pipe organ was designed by Professor Emeritus of Music Harald Rohlig. On either side of the Chapel are open-air cloisters leading to the Green. The Jean Rodgers Chapel is located on the second floor. Flowers Hall underwent an extensive renovation in 1998.