Houghton Memorial Library
Houghton Memorial Library (1929) was made possible by a gift from the heirs of Mr. Mitchell B. Houghton, a founding member of the College’s Board of Trustees who served until his death in 1925. This handsome facility is conducive to both study and recreational reading and houses the College’s permanent art collection. Through the generosity of Catherine Dixon Roland '58 and her mother, the construction of the Charles and Thelma Dixon Wing was completed in 1989. The Dixon Wing houses a portion of the College’s book collection and features an atrium with skylights, reading and study areas, and archives for the College and for the Alabama-West Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Houghton Memorial Library Web site: http://libguides.huntingdon.edu/website