- Ph.D., Touro University International
- M.B.A., American University of Beirut
- B.S., Beirut University
- The severity of financial crises, exchange rate regimes, capital controls, and institutional variables
- Flexible versus fixed exchange rate systems and their effect on long-term economic growth
- The IMF and the World Bank; economic crisis and development
- The European Monetary Union
- Leadership and culture and their effect on motivation and productivity
Conferences and Significant Publications
- SACS-COC Conference, Houston, Texas, December 2015
- SAIR (Southern Association of Institutional Research) Conference, Savannah, Georgia, October 2015
- ALAIR (Alabama Association of Institutional Research) Conference, Eufaula, Alabama, April 2015
- SACS-COC Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, December 2014
- SAIR Annual Forum, Sandestin, Florida, October 2014
- AIR Annual Forum, Orlando, Florida, May 2014
- SACS-COC Conference, Atlanta, December 2013
- Presentation at the Faculty Forum on “Depression,” entitled, “Financial Economics as a Discipline.” This was accompanied by a synopsis of the 2007–2009 Financial Crisis; February 2011
- Participation in the Presidential Colloquy and panel discussion on US/Korean relationship. Wrote a brief synopsis entitled, US-Korea Economic Relations,” January 2011
- Paper Publication: “Solving the Current Account Puzzle: Capital Flows and the Contagion Effect of Financial Crises,” published in the Scientific Journal International, Journal of Economics, Banking and Finance, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2008. http://www.scientificjournals.org/journals2008/j_of_economics1_2008.htm
- Advisory Board, “Scientific Journal International,” 2008
- SACS-COC Leadership Team Orientation Meeting, Jan. 28, 2008
- Editorial Review Board, “Scientific Journal International,” 2007–Present
- Paper Publication: “Financial Crises, Panic, and Contagion: Evidence from a Cross-Country Comparison Using Two Time Frames,” published by Scientific Journal International, Journal of Business and Public Affairs, Volume 1, Issue 2, 2007. http://www.scientificjournals.org/journals2007/j_of_business2.htm
- Paper Presentation: “Financial Crises, Panic, and Contagion: Evidence from a Cross-Country Comparison Using Two Time Frames,” presented at the Gulf Coast Economics Association Conference on Economics Teaching in Houston, Texas, October 2006.
- Austrian Economics Scholars Conference at Auburn University; Auburn, Alabama. Spring 2006.
- Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Conferences in Atlanta, Georgia; December 2005.
- Dissertation: “Institutional Variables, Capital Controls, Exchange Rates, and the Severity of Financial Crises: A Cross Country Comparison,” November 2004.
- Austrian Economics Scholars Conference at Auburn University; Auburn, Alabama. 2001.
- World Congress of Social Economics: “Social Economies in Transition,” Verona, Italy. 1994.
- Chaired a Panel on Russia’s Economy, at the 7th World Congress of Social Economics. 1994.
- Teaching Macroeconomics Conference: Pedagogical approaches. Miami University; Oxford, Ohio. 1994.
- Economic Development in Alabama Conference at Auburn University, Montgomery; Montgomery, Alabama. 1994.
- Thesis: “Increasing Productivity Through Selected Motivation Techniques with Reference to the Banking Sector.” 1986.
“The small environment at Huntingdon provides a unique, warm atmosphere that nurtures meaningful interactions with students. A faculty member has the opportunity to really teach, transmit knowledge, and have an impact.”