Hats flew in celebration at the conclusion of graduation events for both the traditional day and Adult Degree Completion Program on May 5, 2012. Here is a recap.
- The 2012 Baccalaureate Sermon, “Get a Life,” was preached by President J. Cameron West.
Traditional Day Commencement Exercises
- The Graduates: List of Graduates 2012 – Day
- The Commencement Address was delivered by Dr. Elizabeth Kiss, president, Agnes Scott College.
- The Graduate Address was given by Christian Vick, Class of 2012, Cell Biology, Sylacauga, Alabama.
- The Margaret Read Scholarship Medal, presented to the graduate who earns the highest grade point average among those in the graduating class, was awarded to Tiffany Dean, Biochemistry, Dothan, Alabama. Dean also received the Loyalty Award, voted upon by members of the senior class, and the Willard D. Top Award, presented to a graduating senior who exemplifies an outstanding commitment to academics and service to Huntingdon College.
- Assistant professor of English Dr. James Truman was announced as the recipient of the Winn and Gordon Chappell Academic Enrichment Award.
- Dr. Roxanne St. Martin, Huntingdon Class of 1994 and assistant professor of athletic training, was presented with the Julia Lightfoot Sellers Award, voted upon by members of the junior and senior classes as “that member of the teaching faculty who, in their judgment, has done much this year toward inspiring them to nobility of purpose and rekindling within them a deeper desire for learning.”
Adult Degree Completion Program Commencement Exercises
- The Graduates: List of Graduates 2012 – ADCP
- The ADCP Commencement Address was given by Susan Yvette Price, interim chancellor of the Alabama Community College System and chief executive officer of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education.