Take Note

A Service of Lessons and Carols

Thurs., Nov. 30, 7:00 p.m., Ligon Chapel; free and open to the public

Seay Twins Art Gallery

Showing Student and Guest Artists’ Work

Gallery on the Green

Seay Twins Art Gallery

Seay Twins Art Gallery (1927) was constructed as the “Toy Theatre,” presenting small theatre productions in that era. In 1972, the College recommissioned the building as an art gallery. The gallery was renovated and rededicated as Seay Twins Art Gallery in August 2007. Its name commemorates twins Noble Seay Jones and Margaret “Peggy” Seay Compton, both members of the Class of 1949. The renovation was made possible by a generous gift from Montgomery architect Renis Jones, husband of Noble Seay Jones.

Seay Twins Gallery offers special shows of student and guest artists’ work. Poetry readings, Capstone presentations, and other academic events are also held in this space.