Welcome Back Week begins with Big Red Weekend
If classes are designed to light up students' minds, Welcome Back Week, which begins with Big Red Weekend for new students, August 23–24, will light up students' college experiences. Special events planned for every night during the first week of classes encourage both new and returning students to get involved, meet new friends, and find ways to get plugged in to the academic year and to college life. Except for Big Red Weekend, the following events are open to new and returning students:
- Big Red Weekend (new students only) August 22–23; see the schedule
- Welcome Back Week Band Party featuring the Simply Taylo Band, Saturday, August 24, 9:00–11:55 p.m., Top Stage, The Green (free)
- WBW Gelato Party, Sunday, August 25, 2:00–4:00 p.m., Cafe Louisa; just down the street from the College in the Cloverdale Business District; bring your student I.D.; free
- WBW Block Party with the President, Monday, August 26, 7:00–9:00 p.m.; on the street between the Soccer Field and the Delchamps Residence (the president's home); free
- WBW at the Montgomery Biscuits (baseball game), Tuesday, August 27, 7:05 p.m. (first pitch), RiverWalk Stadium, downtown Montgomery; tickets available beginning 6:00 p.m. at the Right Field Gate—first 100 students admitted free with your student I.D.
- WBW Orientation Skit Encore, Wednesday, August 28, 9:30 p.m., Drum Theater
- WBW Bowling, Thursday, August 29, 9:00–11:00 p.m., Brunswick Zone; bring your socks and your student I.D. It's free (includes bowling shoes)!
- Hawks Soccer vs Warren Wilson College, Friday, August 30, 1:30–3:30 p.m., Soccer Field; free admission