Prior to joining Huntingdon's music faculty in 2008, Dr. Serebryany served as an artist in residence and adjunct professor of piano and humanities at La Sierra University (Calif.), as lecturer in piano at Lawrence University (Wis.), and as a member of the faculty at the International School for the Musical Arts (Canada), Royal Conservatory of Music of Toronto Community School. He has given numerous lectures, master classes, and performances all over the world, including concert performances in Japan annually since 2001. He frequently performs with the Montgomery Symphony Orchestra.
Honors and Awards
- Dr. and Mrs. John N. Todd III Award for Excellence in Teaching, Huntingdon College, 2011
- Semi-finalist, Vittorio Gui International Chamber Music Competition; Florence, Italy; 2004
- Third Prize, International Pianoforte Competition; Citta di Minerbio, Italy; 2003
- First Recipient of the Fred Gaviller Memorial Fund Award, 1998
- Chalmers Fund Performing Arts Grant, Ontario Arts Council, 1997
- Temple Sinai Musical Legacy Award, 1991