Dr. Barbara Sumrall White
- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Bank Auditor
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Ph.D., University of Mississippi
- M.B.A., Auburn University Montgomery
- B.B.A., Millsaps College
- Additional accounting courses taken at University of Alabama-Birmingham, Nova Southern University, and Devry University
Barbara S. White, CPA, CBA, was born in Peoria, Ill. She has lived in Madison, Wis.; Ocean Springs, Miss.; and Jackson, Miss., where she attended college. She moved to Montgomery in 1986. Dr. White has more than 20 years of Continuing Professional Education credit obtained to remain active as a CPA. She began teaching at Huntingdon as an adjunct instructor in 1997 and assumed a full-time position in 2005. She has three sons and multiple animals.
- Doctoral Student Representative to the Deloitte Doctoral Consortium, University of Mississippi, 2010
- Mary Mildred Sullivan Award, Huntingdon College
- Public Service Award, Alabama Society of CPAs, 2009
- Julia Lightfoot Sellers Award for teaching excellence, Huntingdon College, 2008
- Outstanding Young Women of America
- Who’s Who in Business
- Running marathons: Dr. White has completed a goal of running a marathon in each of the 50 states and has completed marathons on three continents.
Affiliations and Memberships
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
“Never confuse having a career with having a life.”
Dr. White was featured in the University of Mississippi alumni magazine in the spring of 2013. The article is here: page 1; page 2.