Adult Learning


All email correspondence must come from your HC email account.

If you are paying for classes without financial aid, payment is due the first day of each session.

ADCP Graduation Information, Saturday, May 17, 2014

Adult Degree Completion Program

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Before you apply for financial aid, complete the application and admission process for the Adult Degree Completion Program at Huntingdon College. 

Follow this Financial Aid Checklist to apply for financial aid:

  1. Apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) so that you can electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going to If you are a dependent student, your parents will need to apply for a separate PIN.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using information from your most recent tax returns. The Huntingdon College code is 001019 and must be included on the FAFSA. You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) in approximately 3–5 business days. The SAR indicates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which Huntingdon will use to calculate your need. Simultaneously, a copy of your SAR will be sent to the Huntingdon Office of Student Financial Services. Once your enrollment has been verified and your SAR is received in the Office of Student Financial Services, your Financial Aid Package and Award Letter will be prepared and mailed to you.

    Note: The federal government sometimes asks for verification of FAFSA information. When this is done, the financial aid award is delayed until all supporting documentation (signed copies of federal tax returns, etc.) is provided to and reviewed by the Office of Student Financial Services.
  3. Accept or reject components of your Award Letter, sign it, and return it to the Office of Student Financial Services.
  4. If you are eligible for a student loan (Direct or Direct PLUS) or an Alabama Student Grant, you will be given further instructions about these forms of financial aid.
    1. You will be required to complete a separate application for the Alabama Student Grant, available from your Site Coordinator. For a grant to be considered payment on your account, you must be issued a formal Financial Aid Award Letter from Huntingdon College.
    2. For a loan to be considered as payment on your account, you must first return the award letter to the Office of Student Financial Services and guarantee the loan by signing the Master Promissory Note and completing Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling at the Department of Education Web site.
  5. Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), more parents and students will qualify over the next two years for a tax credit, the American Opportunity Tax Credit, to pay for college expenses. The maximum credit is $2,500, of which 40% is refundable. Decreased credits are given for individuals making $80,000 ($160,000 if Married Filing Jointly). You may claim this deduction on your tax return even if you don’t itemize.
  6. Be sure to determine if your employer will provide financial assistance (tuition reimbursement) for tuition, fees, and books (this information is usually available from your employer’s Human Resources Office). Please let our offices know if we can be of assistance with this process.

If you presently attend and receive financial aid from another institution and you desire to transfer to Huntingdon College, you must call the Federal Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 and request that an SAR (Student Aid Report) be sent to Huntingdon College (code number 001019). You will need your DRN number to complete the process over the phone. It can be found at the top of the SAR that was sent to you by the Federal government upon completion of the FAFSA. If you do not have your DRN number and cannot access it, you will need your 4 digit PIN to log into your account at You may then make a correction, add Huntingdon College in the school information section, and resubmit. Please be sure that you notify the financial aid office at your previous school that you do not plan to attend in the upcoming semester. This will enable them to cancel your aid at that school so that you may receive it at Huntingdon. If your previous school draws down loan or grant funds for you, even though you have left, it may delay your receipt of aid at Huntingdon.

For questions about financial aid, contact us by calling (334) 833-4518 or (888) 462-5067, or e-mail

Huntingdon College is a college
of the United Methodist Church.

Huntingdon Tomorrow
The Princeton Review: A Best Southeastern College