- Access to hundreds of job postings
- Résumé referral service
- Résumé critique
- Job search assistance
- Interviewing skills development
- Career coaching
- Participation in career development workshops
- One-on-one individualized assistance
- Online databases including job postings and resources
All these services are provided at no cost to our alumni. Many are offered with no appointment required.
For more information on any of the above services, contact the Center for Career and Vocation at (334) 833-4556 or email@example.com.
Below are links to several helpful career placement sites:
College Central Network
Huntingdon College has partnered with College Central Network to provide an online job posting and résumé database system. Students or alumni may apply for jobs online by uploading a résumé. You can also monitor your job search history as well as see the names of employers who requested your résumé and the date they requested it.
How to Register with CCN
- Click on the College Central Network above.
- Select the Alumni icon and read the information and announcements on the next page.
- Go to the Create Account link.
- Complete the information.
- Create an Access ID and a password that you will remember. Note: Your ID will also be the name of your résumé file so don’t use your Social Security number or anything inappropriate.
- Continue registration.
- Enter all demographic information. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required. Answer questions about your work interests and your education. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so complete all fields.
Conducting a Job Search
You may search for jobs without uploading a résumé, but know that employers cannot find you if you do not have a résumé in the system. From your homepage, select Search for Jobs Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then Begin Search. You may also Search for Jobs in CCN’s Jobs Central, our national jobs database. To monitor your job search, select View My Job Search History from your homepage.
Note: When conducting your job search, selecting several search criteria, such as major, job targets, etc., narrows your search. Also try searching different criteria. To view all jobs, leave all the search fields blank.
NACElink Connect provides access to thousands of job postings and employers and the ability to create and store résumés, apply for jobs online, view your job application history, and set up agents that automatically notify you of new job postings.
CareerRookie.com is a division of CareerBuilder.com, the nation’s largest job site with over 1.5 million jobs. Job seekers can quickly target opportunities for their major and experience-level from the nation’s top employers. They can also post résumés, get the latest news on companies and industries, sign up for automatic job alerts, view local career fairs, and tap into advice on everything from writing résumés to on-the-job success.
OneWire is an online Career Management Tool that helps match job seekers with opportunities in the financial market.
Unlike old-fashioned job boards that rely on keyword matching, OneWire uses a two-step process to ensure that you are matched only with those opportunities that precisely meet your goals and experiences.
- Create Your Profile: Quickly and easily create a detailed profile that includes your education, interests, and work experiences.
- Get Matched: OneWire uses the structured data in your profile to accurately match you with opportunities at finance firms.