LAGRANGE, Ga.—The Huntingdon men’s tennis team evened its
Great South Athletic Conference record and in the process avenged an
earlier-season loss by defeating LaGrange, 6-3, on Wednesday.
With the win, the Hawks improved to 4-7 on the season and 2-2 in the
GSAC. The Panthers fell to 5-4 overall and 2-2 in league matches.
In singles action, Huntingdon picked up wins in five of the six
Senior Kent Hagan and freshman Zane Smith each captured three-set
victories at the No. 1 and No. 4 positions, respectively. Sophomore B.J.
Foroughian at the No. 2 spot, as well as freshmen Larry Pritchett and
Stacy Terry at the No. 5 and No. 6 positions, all rolled in straight
In doubles, Pritchett and junior Ben Nobrega teamed up to earn the
lone point at the No. 3 position, 8-0, over Jerry Jones and Kaylen
Huntingdon will return to action on Thursday, April 8, when it hosts
Belhaven at noon.
- Blake Craft/Dale Brown (LCM) def. Kent Hagan/B.J. Foroughian (HCM) 9-8 (7-3)
- Tyler Clinebell/Brett Buehler (LCM) def. Stephen Butts/Zane Smith (HCM) 8-1
- Larry Pritchett/Ben Nobrega (HCM) def. Jerry Jones/Kaylen Short (LCM) 8-0
- Kent Hagan (HCM) def. Tyler Clinebell (LCM) 4-6, 6-3, 6-1
- B.J. Foroughian (HCM) def. Blake Craft (LCM) 6-2, 6-3
- Dale Brown (LCM) def. Stephen Butts (HCM) 6-1, 6-4
- Zane Smith (HCM) def. Brett Buehler (LCM) 6-4, 6-7 (4-7), 1-0 (10-5)
- Larry Pritchett (HCM) def. Jerry Jones (LCM) 6-2, 6-1
- Stacy Terry (HCM) def. Kaylen Short (LCM) 6-2, 6-0
Sports Information Director
Phone: (334) 833-4579