WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. --- Huntingdon College's women's tennis team dropped their match against Methodist University, 8-1, on Sunday afternoon. Sophomore Katie Scott picked up the Lady Hawks' only point in her win from the No. 1 singles position.
Scott won her team-high seventh singles match of the season on Sunday, 6-1, 6-1, over Methodist's Kaitlin Flaherty from the top singles spot. Unfortunately, the Lady Hawks dropped the eight other matches to the regionally-ranked (9th) Monarchs for the loss.
Tennis Match ResultsHuntingdon College vs Methodist UniversityApr 03, 2011 at Winston-Salem, N.C. (Tangelwood Park)Methodist University 8, Huntingdon College 1
Singles competition1. Katie Scott (HCW) def. Kaitlin Flaherty (MUW) 6-1, 6-1
2. Katherine Meindl (MUW) def. Hannah Creamer (HCW) 6-1, 6-2
3. Rachel Purser (MUW) def. Kristin McDaniel (HCW) 7-6 (7-2), 6-0
4. Laura Baker (MUW) def. Jaclyn Crossman (HCW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Dana Powell (MUW) def. Christian Vick (HCW) 6-3, 6-1
6. Kelli Shelton (MUW) def. Kati Bryant (HCW) 6-1, 6-3
Doubles competition1. Kaitlin Flaherty/Katherine Meindl (MUW) def. Katie Scott/Kristin McDaniel (HCW) 8-3
2. Rachel Purser/Dana Powell (MUW) def. Jaclyn Crossman/Christian Vick (HCW) 8-3
3. Laura Baker/Stacey Brooks (MUW) def. Hannah Creamer/Kati Bryant (HCW) 8-5
Match NotesHuntingdon College 5-6; Regional ranking #12
Methodist University 17-1; Regional ranking #9
The Lady Hawks (5-6, 3-0 GSAC) return to Huntingdon's tennis courts on Tuesday, Apr. 5, against Covenant College beginning at 1 p.m.