MONTGOMERY, Ala. --- Huntingdon College's women's tennis team improved to 5-0 in Great South Athletic Conference competition with the, 7-2, win over Maryville College on Sunday afternoon.
The Lady Hawks' held a one-point advantage, 2-1, after doubles competition against the Lady Scots on Sunday. Huntingdon took five of the six singles matches with Katie Scott suffering the only loss against Maryville's Morgan Douglas, 6-7, 6-2, 7-5, at the No. 1 singles spot.
Tennis Match Results
Maryville College vs Huntingdon College
Apr 10, 2011 at Montgomery, AL (HC's Tennis Courts)
Huntingdon College 7, Maryville College 2
1. Morgan Douglas (MCW) def. Katie Scott (HCW) 6-7, 6-2, 7-5
2. Hannah Creamer (HCW) def. Maggie Dew (MCW) 6-3, 6-2
3. Kristin McDaniel (HCW) def. Rachel Hutton (MCW) 6-0, 6-2
4. Jaclyn Crossman (HCW) def. Kelly Stephens (MCW) 6-4, 6-4
5. Christian Vick (HCW) def. Danielle Nagy (MCW) 6-3, 6-0
6. Kati Bryant (HCW) def. Christine Flood (MCW) 6-1, 6-1
1. Katie Scott/Kristin McDaniel (HCW) def. Morgan Douglas/Maggie Dew (MCW) 8-4
2. Rachel Hutton/Kelly Stephens (MCW) def. Jaclyn Crossman/Kati Bryant (HCW) 8-3
3. Hannah Creamer/Christian Vick (HCW) def. Danielle Nagy/Christine Flood (MCW) 8-2
Maryville College 4-6, 3-2 GSAC
Huntingdon College 9-6, 5-0 GSAC
The Lady Hawks travel to LaGrange, Georgia on Tuesday, Apr. 12, against GSAC opponent LaGrange College beginning at 4:30 p.m. Eastern.