The purpose of Greek Life is to create a better student experience through greater involvement in co-curricular activities and in leadership opportunities. The Greek Life mission is to:
- Foster Service through civic engagement and community outreach;
- Foster Leadership through campus involvement in other organizations; and
- Foster Scholarship by promoting and rewarding academic excellence.
Greek organizations can be grouped into two ruling bodies: The Panhellenic Council and The Interfraternity Council. Greek organizations at Huntingdon operate under the general supervision of the Office of Student Life, the Panhellenic Council and the Interfraternity Council, and the chapter advisers. Membership in Greek organizations is by invitation only.
The Panhellenic Council (www.huntingdonphc.com—click on this link to find out more about each women’s fraternity) is the governing body for Huntingdon’s Greek women’s fraternities:
- Alpha Kappa Alpha (recruiting fall 2015)
- Alpha Omicron Pi
- Chi Omega
- Phi Mu
NOTE: To sign up for Panhellenic recruitment for fall 2015, visit: http://www.icsrecruiter.com/webservices/appMain_pan.aspx?UID=HNTDCO&mode=enrollment
The Interfraternity Council (www.huntingdonifc.com—click on this link to find out more about each men’s fraternity) is the governing body and official representation of the Huntingdon fraternity system for male students, which includes these fraternities:
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. (currently inactive)
- Lambda Chi Alpha
- Sigma Nu
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
NOTE: To sign up for men’s Greek recruitment for fall 2015, visit http://www.jotform.us/ChristineSimone/huntingdonifcregistration.
The councils assist chapters in following regulations established by the College and their respective national organizations.
Greek Honor Societies
There are two Greek honor societies:
- Order of Omega
- Gamma Sigma Alpha
More on Greek Life
- 2014 Greek GPA: 3.056
- 34 of 45 fraternity new members who received bids in fall 2014 also participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- The Greek community comprises approximately 33% of the Huntingdon student body.
- Greek organizations contributed more than 5,000 hours of community service in 2013 and donated more than $15,000 to philanthropic organizations.