Welcome home! Residence halls open at various times for students contingent upon their campus involvements and incoming/returning student status. Following are the scheduled times or arrival for different student groups:
- August 12, Noon: Resident Assistants—see your Resident Director to pick up your key
- August 15, 10 a.m.: Football players* (new students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 15, Noon: Football players* (returning students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 18, Times Vary: Men’s & Women’s Soccer*
- August 21, Times Vary: Volleyball*, Cheer*, Band*—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 27: New residential students attending August New Student Orientation—check-in at Flowers Hall
- August 28, 7:30-11 a.m.: All new students (including transfer and readmitted students)—check-in at Catherine Dixon Roland Student Center; 7:30 a.m. resident students, 9:30 a.m., commuters
- August 29 & 30, 1-5 p.m.: Returning residential students who have not moved in previously may move in—check-in at your residence hall
* Information regarding these check-ins will be provided by the coaches/leadership of each group.
Residence halls close at noon Saturday, November 21, and reopen at noon Sunday, November 29.
FINAL EXAMS, FALL SEMESTER
24-hour Quiet Hours will be observed Friday, December 11, through Friday, December 18.
CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR BREAK
- Residence Halls will close at noon, Saturday, December 19, and reopen Sunday, January 17, 2016, at noon
- Plan to leave campus within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- Note: See the list of charges (top of page) that could be incurred if you do not leave your room in good order and/or check-out with your RA.
CHRISTMAS BREAK RESIDENCE HALL CHECKLIST
(Avoid fines by meeting these expectations):
- Refrigerator(s) unplugged, defrosted, dry, and door(s) left open
- Every electrical appliance unplugged
- All trash removed from room(s)
- No dirty dishes in any room
- Bathroom clean (Blount)
- Blinds down and open
- Door locked
Spring Term 2016
- Residence Halls open Sunday, January 17, at noon.
Residence halls close at noon, Saturday, March 19, and reopen at noon, Sunday, March 27.
Resident non-graduating students must check-out of their residence hall rooms within 24 hours of the last final exam, or no later than noon Saturday, May 7 (graduating seniors may remain on-campus until noon, Sunday, May 15).