Fall Term 2016
Welcome home! Residence halls open at various times for students contingent upon their campus involvements and incoming/returning student status. Following are the scheduled times or arrival for different student groups:
- August 7, Noon: Resident Assistants—see your Resident Director to pick up your key
- August 10, 10 a.m.: Football players* (new students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 10, Noon: Football players* (returning students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 16, Times Vary: Men’s & Women’s Soccer*; Band*; Cheerleading*—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 17, Times Vary: Volleyball*, —check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 18: New residential students attending August New Student Orientation—check-in at Flowers Hall
- August 19: Big Red Weekend, 7:30-11 a.m.: All new students (including transfer and readmitted students)—check-in at Catherine Dixon Roland Student Center; 7:30 a.m. resident students, 9:30 a.m., commuters
- August 20 & 21, Noon-5 p.m.: Returning residential students who have not moved in previously may move in—check-in at your residence hall
* Information regarding these check-ins will be provided by the coaches/leadership of each group.
Residence halls close at noon Saturday, November 19, and reopen at noon Sunday, November 27.
FINAL EXAMS, FALL SEMESTER
24-hour Quiet Hours will be observed Friday, December 2, through Friday, December 9.
CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR BREAK
- Residence Halls will close at noon, Saturday, December 10, and reopen Sunday, January 8, 2017, at noon
- Plan to leave campus within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- Be sure to check out with your RA and leave your room in good order (see list below) to avoid extra charges.
CHRISTMAS BREAK RESIDENCE HALL CHECKLIST
(Avoid fines by meeting these expectations):
- Refrigerator(s) unplugged, defrosted, dry, and door(s) left open
- Every electrical appliance unplugged
- All trash removed from room(s)
- No dirty dishes in any room
- Bathroom clean (Blount)
- Blinds down and open
- Door locked
Spring Term 2017
- Residence Halls open Sunday, January 8, at noon.
Residence halls close at noon, Saturday, March 25, and reopen at noon, Sunday, April 2.
Resident non-graduating students must check-out of their residence hall rooms within 24 hours of the last final exam, or no later than noon Saturday, April 29 (graduating seniors may remain on-campus until noon, Sunday, May 7).