Welcome home! Residence halls open at various times for students contingent upon their campus involvements and incoming/returning student status. Following are the scheduled times or arrival for different student groups:
- August 10, 1 p.m.: Resident Assistants—see your Resident Director to pick up your key
- August 13, 10 a.m.: Football players* (new students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 13, Noon: Football players* (returning students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 15, Times Vary: Volleyball*, Men’s & Women’s Soccer*, Cheerleaders*, and Band*—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 21: New residential students attending August New Student Orientation—check-in at Flowers Hall
- August 22, 7:30-11 a.m.: All new students (including transfer and readmitted students)—check-in at Catherine Dixon Roland Student Center; 7:30 a.m. resident students, 9:30 a.m., commuters
- August 23 & 24, 1-5 p.m.: Returning residential students who have not moved in previously may move in—check-in at your residence hall
* Information regarding these check-ins will be provided by the coaches/leadership of each group.
Residence halls close at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, November 22, and reopen at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, November 30.
FINAL EXAMS, FALL SEMESTER
24-hour Quiet Hours will be observed Friday, December 5, through Friday, December 12.
CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR BREAK
- Residence Halls will close at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, December 13, and reopen Sunday, January 18, 2015, at 1:00 p.m.
- Plan to leave campus within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- Note: See the list of charges (top of page) that could be incurred if you do not leave your room in good order and/or check-out with your RA.
CHRISTMAS BREAK RESIDENCE HALL CHECKLIST
(Avoid fines by meeting these expectations):
- Refrigerator(s) unplugged, defrosted, dry, and door(s) left open
- Every electrical appliance unplugged
- All trash removed from room(s)
- No dirty dishes in any room
- Bathroom clean (Blount)
- Blinds down and open
- Door locked
Spring Term 2015
- Residence Halls open Sunday, January 18, at 1:00 p.m.
Residence halls close at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, March 21, and reopen at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, March 29.
Resident non-graduating students must check-out of their residence hall rooms within 24 hours of the last final exam, or no later than 9:00 a.m. Saturday, May 9 (graduating seniors may remain on-campus until 9:00 a.m. Sunday, May 17).