The Leadership Initiative is an interactive leadership experience geared to assist Huntingdon College students in reaching their full potential during their college years and beyond. Whether by attending seminars on numerous leadership topics, self-management education, an etiquette series, community service projects, luncheons featuring influential guest speakers, or off-campus overnight retreats, the Leadership Initiative exposes participants to the fundamental skills of leadership.
Applicants who are accepted for membership into the Initiative are required to attend 6 out of 10 (required attendance at the Spring Leadership Retreat) leadership education programs in order to meet the requirements for recognition at the annual Awards Convocation in the spring.
Fall 2015 Leadership Initiative Events
- Leadership Initiative Orientation – Monday, September 21, 6:00 p.m.
- Etiquette Luncheon – Tuesday, October 6, 12:00 p.m.
- Field Trip – Friday, October 16, 9:00 a.m.
- Personal Organization – Thursday, October 29, 6:00 p.m.
- Motivating Others – Friday, November 6, 6:00 p.m.
* The spring 2016 schedule will be release in November 2015
To apply, use the PDF Leadership Initiative Application 2015 and return it to Megan Edmonds, Director of Greek Life and Leadership, in the Hut (106) by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 16, 2015.