The Panhellenic Council serves as the governing body for sororities on Huntingdon College’s campus. The council is responsible for setting policies and regulations concerning the sorority system as well as providing our chapters with opportunity further promote and achieve the Huntingdon College Greek Life mission of service, scholarship, and leadership.
Panhellenic focuses on the fostering of friendship, promotion of shared values, academic excellence, and the pursuit of leadership roles in chapters, on campus, and within the community. The Huntingdon College Panhellenic Council was founded as the Panhellenic Association in the 1970s and continues to better promote Greek Life while becoming well rounded young women.
The Panhellenic Council is comprised of an executive council and chapter delegates. The following women serve the Panhellenic community on the executive council for the calendar year 2013:
- President: Micaela White
- Vice President of Recruitment: Amberley Dearmon
- Vice President of Communications: Bailey Scott
- Vice President of Scholarship: Arlyn Williams
- Vice President of Finance: Kaison Darden
- Vice President of Administration: Hayden McDonald
- Vice President of Service: Courtney Allen
- Panhellenic meets weekly to discuss the business of Huntingdon College Greek community. For more information on meeting times, please contact the Office of Greek life at 334-833-4527.
In addition, six women serve as Gamma Chis: Greek women who leave behind their affiliations with their chapters in order to assist with recruitment. Their task essentially ends at the conclusion of recruitment week.
Huntingdon offers three national women's fraternities and sororities. They are: