Room Draw 2011 Checklist, Schedule, & FAQ
Below are the details for the Room Draw (Room Selection) process the 2011–2012 year. Please note that if you are requesting to live off-campus, print a copy of the Off-Campus Housing Request form and turn it in to the Residence Life Office by March 29, 2011.
Room Draw Checklist
- Pick up your Room Draw form at the Hut (or under your room door)
- Fill out the Room Draw form completely.
- Turn in the Room Draw form to a full-time Residence Life staff member at the Hut by Friday, March 18, 2011.
- Draw your Room Draw Number
- Show up at Room Draw at your designated time on Tuesday, March 29, 2011. The designated times are below.
Room Draw Schedule, Tuesday, March 29, 2011 (Located in Smith Hall, Room 102)
- Fall 2011 Senior (90+ credit hours): 6:30 p.m.
- Fall 2011 Junior (57 + credit hours): 7:00 p.m.
- Fall 2011 Sophomore (24+ credit hours): 8:30 p.m.
- Fall 2011 Freshman (0-23 credit hours): 10:00 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does each person need to fill out a Room Draw form? Yes, every student that will live on campus during fall 2011 must fill out a Room Draw form.
- Will Project 30 be available for the fall 2011? Unfortunately, Project 30 will not be available for fall 2011 due to the number of residents living on campus.
- Can I squat my room in Blount? Yes, you can squat your current individual room in Blount. On the Room Draw form, indicate that you want to squat your current individual room and indicate the name of the person with whom you would like to live (you must indicate the person you want to live with in Blount). There is a section on the Room Draw form for that person to sign to be your roommate. Note: The person you want to live with must also indicate on his/her Room Draw form that he/she wants to live with you.
- Whenever it is my turn to pick my room during the Room Draw session, will I be able to select my roommate as well? Absolutely! Whenever your room draw number is called, you will be able to pick your room and choose your roommate. Remember that your desired roommate must have signed your Room Draw form in the appropriate section indicating that he/she wants to be your roommate. The roommate must also indicate on his/her Room Draw form that he/she wants you to be their roommate.
- What if I do not know who I want to live with? Not a problem (unless you are squatting your room in Blount—see question #3 above). If you do not know who you want to live with, just attend the Room Draw session at your designated time and when your number is called, pick the open space in which you would like to live.