2013–14 Residence Hall Openings and Closings
Residence Halls open at various times for new students. Returning resident students may move in Saturday and Sunday, August 24 & 25, beginning at 1:00 p.m. each day.
Residence halls close at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, November 23, and reopen at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, December 1
Final Exams, Fall Semester
24-hour Quiet Hours will be observed Friday, December 6, through Friday, December 13
Christmas/New Year Break
- Residence Halls will close at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, December 14, and reopen Sunday, January 19, 2014, at 1:00 p.m.
- Plan to leave campus within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- Note: See the list of charges that could be incurred if you do not leave your room in good order and/or check-out with your RA.
Christmas Break Residence Hall Checklist
(Failure to meet these conditions may result in fines):
- Refrigerator(s) unplugged, defrosted, dry, and door(s) left open
- Every electrical appliance unplugged
- All trash removed from room(s)
- No dirty dishes in any room
- Bathroom clean (Blount)
- Blinds down and open
- Door locked
- Residence Halls open Sunday, January 19, at 1:00 p.m.
Residence halls close at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, March 22, and reopen at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, March 30.
Resident non-graduating students must check-out of their residence hall rooms within 24 hours of the last final exam, or no later than 9:00 a.m. Saturday, May 10 (graduating seniors may remain on-campus until 9:00 a.m. Sunday, May 18).