A program for rising high school seniors, Summer 2018
Summer 2018 Dates: June 27–29
The Huntingdon College Health Sciences Academy (HHSA) allows rising River Region high school seniors to consider new career possibilities and to learn more about the important work of health sciences professionals. This three-day program, with evening seminars and overnight stays in Huntingdon residence halls, provides:
- Interactive and on-site learning and laboratories
- Experience working alongside professors on a unique health-related research project
- Hands-on learning through interactive laboratories and on-site observation at healthcare facilities
- Networking with respected professionals in the health sciences and with peers who have similar interests
- Service and shadowing opportunities
- A “white coat” ceremony
- Continued mentoring from HHSA professors throughout the student’s senior year
HHSA introduces students to preparation for careers as physicians, dentists, pharmacists, chiropractors, physician assistants, nurses, or physical or occupational therapists, and to the vital roles these professionals play in serving their communities.
An experience like no other, HHSA will set students apart among college applicants and as they seek permanent careers in the health sciences.
Who Should Participate
Rising River Region high school seniors with an interest in health sciences will find this program intriguing and inspirational. Students should have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or above in their high school coursework and be committed to stay for the entirety of the three-day/two-night program.
The cost for meals, lodging on the Huntingdon College campus, materials, and entertainment for the program will be paid by the Health Sciences Academy. There is a $25 enrollment fee for each student selected for the program.
Rising seniors (those who will graduate from high school in the spring of 2019) who attend River Region high school and who have achieved minimum cumulative 3.4 GPAs during high school coursework may apply.
Apply now: Health Sciences Academy Application Form.