2021-2022 Grey Commuter Policies and Application
The following information applies to Returning Huntingdon College Students who entered Huntingdon prior to fall 2020.
If you are a new student entering in the 2021-2022 academic year, or if you are a returning student who entered Huntingdon in the fall of 2020 or the spring of 2021, please use the 2021-2022 Scarlet Commuter Student Application.
Applying to Live Off-Campus
Returning Huntingdon College students who are under the age of 21 are expected to live on campus unless they reside with a parent at a permanent residence, as determined by the student’s Application for Admission, within 45 miles driving distance of Huntingdon College, or meet other conditions by which they qualify for consideration to attend Huntingdon as a commuter student, as defined below.
Please be aware that Residency/Commuter Status directly affects a student’s financial aid package.
The deadline for completing the Commuter Student Application submission and approval process is June 1 (or within 10 days of deposit for new students who deposit after June 1) for fall semester. For spring semester the deadline is December 1 for returning students and January 1 for new students enrolling spring. Any student who is approved for Commuter Status but whose application does not meet the deadline will incur a late fee of $500.
It is important for applicants to read the following information carefully and to comply with the requirements for filing the Commuter Student Application by meeting the correct procedure and deadline for the term of attendance and commuter status under which they are requesting consideration.
Commuter Student Fee
A $1,000 Commuter Student Fee, payable annually in the first semester of attendance as a commuter student, will apply to students who are approved to enroll with Commuter Status, with the exception of those students who are approved for Commuter Status because they are married or because they have dependents of their own.
The Commuter Student Fee covers the following benefits:
- A Commuter Meal Plan, valued at $500, including dining hall meals and Flex Points for use in other Huntingdon campus dining options. If the first semester of attendance is the fall semester, any unused portion of the Commuter Meal Plan will roll over into the spring semester.
- 24-hour access to the Caroline Slawson Campus Commons.
- Designated commuter parking.
Please Note: If the Commuter Student Application process has not been completed and approval has not been granted by the June 1 deadline for fall semester or by January 1 for the spring semester, the student will incur a $500 late fee, if approved for Commuter Status, in addition to the Commuter Fee.
Grey Form – Commuter Student Status Criteria
The following criteria applies only to returning Huntingdon College students who entered the College prior to fall term 2020.
The decision on whether a student is approved for Commuter Status is made by the Dean of Students and the Office of Student Development. Students who meet one or more of the following criteria may be considered for approval to attend Huntingdon College with Commuter Status as long as the Commuter Student Application Process is completed and the approval is granted by the June 1 deadline for the fall semester or the January 1 deadline for the spring semester:
- Reside with a parent at a permanent residence, as determined by the student’s Application for Admission, within 45 miles driving distance of Huntingdon College.
- Reach age 21 by the first day of classes for the term of attendance for which Commuter Status is requested.
- Have 90 earned semester hours (senior status) on file with the Registrar’s Office by June 1 for fall semester or by January 1 for spring semester.
- Be married.
- Reside with a dependent child or children for whom the student provides more than 50% of the dependent’s (s’) support.
Applying for Commuter Status as an Off-Campus Resident Living with a Parent or Parents or with a Guardian or Custodian
A student who meets the Grey Form criteria and who intends to live off-campus with a parent or as a dependent of a guardian or custodian (as determined by the IRS) at a permanent residence within 45 miles driving distance of Huntingdon College should do the following to apply for Commuter Status for 2021-2022:
- Complete and submit Part A of the Grey Commuter Student Application online by such time that you have time to complete the entire process and receive approval by the Dean of Students by June 1 for fall semester or by January 1 for spring semester.
- Download and print the Grey Form Part B, complete the form in writing, sign it, have your parent, guardian, or custodian sign it, and bring it with you to your interview with the Dean of Students.
- Make an appointment to meet with the Dean of Students and/or Director of Residential Communities.
- Bring to the appointment:
- A driver’s license or official photo I.D.
- The printed Commuter Student Application Grey Form Part B, completed and signed.
- Please Note: the College reserves the right to request additional documentation to verify your residence or your parent/guardian/custodian’s residence.
Applying for Commuter Status on the basis of Senior Status, Age, Married, or Responsibility for a Dependent Child
- Complete Parts A & C of the Commuter Student Application and submit online by June 1 for the fall semester or January 1 for the spring semester.
- The College reserves the right to request additional documentation to verify your eligibility for Commuter Status.
2020-2021 Grey Commuter Student Application
The following criteria applies only to returning Huntingdon College students who entered the College prior to fall term 2020. If you are a new student entering the College in 2021-2022 or are a returning student who entered the College in the fall of 2020 or the spring of 2021, please use the Scarlet Commuter Student Application.
To be completed by returning Huntingdon College students who meet one or more Grey Form criteria and who are requesting Commuter Status for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Note: Please refer to the procedures above for complete instructions on fulfilling the Commuter Student Application process and obtaining approval from the Dean of Students before the deadline for the term for which you are applying.
To be completed and signed by the student and signed by the student’s parent/guardian/custodian, for returning students who meet the Grey Form criteria and who are requesting approval of Commuter Status on the basis of residing with a parent or as a dependent of a guardian or custodian (as determined by the IRS) at a permanent residence, as determined by the student’s Application for Admission, within 45 miles driving distance of Huntingdon College.
To be completed by those who meet the Grey are filing on the basis of age, senior status, marriage, or responsibility for a dependent child.