Fall Term 2021
Fall 2021 Move-in
RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS NOTE: Please contact Dr. Anthony Leigh, senior vice president for student and institutional development and dean of students, to indicate when you will arrive on campus.
All students, regardless of whether you are a residential or a commuter student, or if you are a returning student or a new student, must complete a check-in upon arriving on campus.
Resident Assistants and Orientation Leaders—RAs will move-in on July 28 and OLs will move-in on July 29; formal check-in will be August 3
Freshmen—Choose to check-in/move-in Wednesday, August 4, OR Thursday, August 5. Official Orientation events will begin the evening of Thursday, August 5. All freshmen — residential students and commuters—should plan to check-in on the 4th or 5th. Contact Dean Leigh with your arrival preference.
New Transfer Students—Choose to participate in the full “new student” orientation experience and arrive with the freshmen on the 4th or 5th, or choose Friday, August 6 for check-in/move-in. There will be a special transfer orientation session at lunch, Saturday, August 7. You will need to participate in the orientation activities on the 7th and the evening of the 8th.
- Check-In #1: Tuesday, August 3, 9:00 to Noon—Returning commuter students, Resident Assistants, Orientation Leaders
- Check-In #2: Wednesday, August 4, 9:00 to Noon—Freshmen residential and commuter students, new transfer students
- Check-In #3: Thursday, August 5, 9:00 to Noon—Freshmen residential and commuter students, new transfer students
- Check-In #4: Friday, August 6, 9:00 to Noon—Residential seniors and juniors, new transfer students
- Check-In #5: Saturday, August 7, 9:00 to Noon—Residential sophomores, any student who couldn’t come to a previous check-in
- Check-In #6: Sunday, August 8, 10:00 to Noon—All remaining students
Check-ins will take place in Roland Student Center. More details will arrive by email on your student email account.
End of Semester
- Residence halls close at noon Saturday, November 20.
- During final exams, 24-hour Quiet Hours will be observed Friday, November 12–Friday, November 19.
- Plan to leave campus within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- Be sure to check out with your RA and leave your room in good order (see list below) to avoid extra charges.
Christmas Break Residence Hall Checklist
(Avoid fines by meeting these expectations):
- Refrigerator(s) cleaned out, unplugged, defrosted, dry, and door(s) left open
- Every electrical appliance unplugged
- All trash removed from room(s)
- No dirty dishes in any room
- Bathroom clean (Blount)
- Blinds down and open
- Door locked
Spring Term 2022
- Residence Halls open at noon Saturday and Sunday, January 8 and 9.
- Residence halls close at noon, Saturday, March 19, and reopen at noon, Sunday, March 27.
- Resident non-graduating students must check-out of their residence hall rooms within 24 hours of the last final exam, or no later than noon Saturday, April 30. Graduating seniors may remain on-campus until noon, Sunday, May 8. Be sure to check out with your Resident Assistant to avoid fines.