Fall Term 2023
Fall 2023 Check-in and Move-in
All students, regardless of whether you are a residential or a commuter student, or if you are a returning student or a new student, must complete a check-in upon arriving on campus. All check-ins will take place in the Roland Student Center.
New Freshmen and Transfer Students- We are expecting a very large class of new students. To accommodate the large number, the first 150 new residential students may check-in Wednesday, August 2, and remaining residential students and commuters arrive Thursday, August 3. New residential students, contact Dean of Students Anthony Leigh to let him know your preference for check-in at firstname.lastname@example.org . There will be some welcome activities on Wednesday evening and Thursday for those who move in a day early, but the formal orientation sessions will not begin until Thursday night.
- Check-in #1 – Wednesday, August2, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Orientation Leaders and Volunteers, Resident Assistants, and Returning Commuters only
- Check-in #2 – Wednesday, August 2, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – The first 150 residential students to request to move in a day early
- Check-in #3 – Thursday, August3, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Remaining new residential students
- Check-in #4 – Thursday, August3, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – New commuter students
- Check-in #5 – Saturday, August5, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Returning Senior and Junior residential students
- Check-in #6 – Saturday, August5, 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Returning Sophomore residential students
- Check-in #7 – Sunday, August6, Noon to 1:00 p.m. – All who haven’t checked in yet
Check-ins will take place in Roland Student Center. More details will arrive by email on your student email account.
End of Fall Semester
- Residence halls close at noon Saturday, November 18.
- During final exams, 24-hour Quiet Hours will be observed Friday, November 10–Friday, November 17.
- Plan to leave campus within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- Be sure to check out with your RA and leave your room in good order (see list below) to avoid extra charges.
End of Semester Residence Hall Checklist
(Avoid fines by meeting these expectations):
- Refrigerator(s) cleaned out, unplugged, defrosted, dry, and door(s) left open
- Every electrical appliance unplugged
- All trash removed from room(s)
- No dirty dishes in any room
- Bathroom clean (Blount)
- Blinds down and open
- Door locked
Spring Term 2023
- Residence Halls open at noon Saturday and Sunday, January 6 and 7.
Spring Break 2023
- Residence halls close at noon, Saturday, March 16, and reopen at noon, Sunday, March 24.
- Resident non-graduating students must check-out of their residence hall rooms within 24 hours of the last final exam, or no later than noon Saturday, April 27. Graduating seniors may remain on-campus until noon, Sunday, May 5.Be sure to check out with your Resident Assistant to avoid fines.