Fall Term 2018
Welcome home! Residence halls open at various times for students contingent upon their campus involvements and incoming/returning student status. Following are the tentative scheduled times for arrival of different student groups:
- August 3, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.: Resident Assistants—go to The Hut to check in
- August 7, 10 a.m.: Football players* (new students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 7, Noon: Football players* (returning students)—check-in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- August 13, 9:00 a.m.: Band Leaders, Drum Line, and Freshmen
- August 15: All groups check in at Roland Arena, Roland Student Center
- 9:00 a.m.: Cheer, Cross Country
- 9:30 a.m.: Volleyball
- 10:00 a.m.: Women’s Soccer
- 10:45 a.m.: Men’s Soccer
- 11:30 a.m.: Band Returning Students
- TBA (date may change): Residential students attending Orientation III
- TBA (date may change): Big Red Weekend, 7:30-11 a.m.: All new students (including transfer and readmitted students)—check in at Catherine Dixon Roland Student Center; 7:30 a.m. resident students, 9:30 a.m., commuters
- August 18 & 19, Noon-5 p.m.: Returning residential students who have not moved in previously may move in—check-in at Blount Hall (all students)
* Information regarding these check-ins will be provided by the coaches/leadership of each group.
Residence halls close at noon Saturday, November 17, and reopen at noon Sunday, November 25.
Final Exams, Fall Semester
24-hour Quiet Hours will be observed Friday, December 2, through Friday, December 7.
Christmas/New Year Break
- Residence Halls will close at noon, Saturday, December 8, and reopen Sunday, January 13, 2018, at noon
- Plan to leave campus within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- Be sure to check out with your RA and leave your room in good order (see list below) to avoid extra charges.
Christmas Break Residence Hall Checklist
(Avoid fines by meeting these expectations):
- Refrigerator(s) cleaned out, unplugged, defrosted, dry, and door(s) left open
- Every electrical appliance unplugged
- All trash removed from room(s)
- No dirty dishes in any room
- Bathroom clean (Blount)
- Blinds down and open
- Door locked
Spring Term 2019
- Residence Halls open Sunday, January 13, at noon.
Residence halls close at noon, Saturday, March 23, and reopen at noon, Sunday, March 31.
Resident non-graduating students must check-out of their residence hall rooms within 24 hours of the last final exam, or no later than noon Saturday, May 4 (graduating seniors may remain on-campus until noon, Sunday, May 12). Be sure to check out with your Resident Assistant to avoid fines.