Ms. Leanne Mallory Carroll ’05
- Master of Education, Higher Education Administration, University of Alabama
- Bachelor of Arts, History and Theater, Huntingdon College, Magna Cum Laude
Leanne returned to her alma mater in the summer of 2018 after working as assistant director of the first year experience and retention initiatives at the University of Alabama. Prior to her work with UA, she served as program coordinator for recruitment and training and as a residence coordinator for Florida State University, University Housing. While earning her master’s degree, she served as the graduate community director and as an orientation and special programs intern at UA.
Leanne works with prospective students from the following special groups: Presidential Fellows, Men’s and Women’s Golf, Readmits, and Special Students.
Presentations and Research
- Kilgo, C.A., Bennett, L., Bonifacio-Sample, M., Emerson, L., Emslie, C., Flint, M.,…Mallory, L. Petonic, C. (2018, In Progress) The Paths We Take: An Exploration of Trans Collegians’ Navigation of Campus Spaces.
- Banning, B., Flint, M., & Mallory, L (2016, February) I’m so excited about in-service! Changing the narrative of on-going student staff development. Conference session presented at the SEAHO Conference; Raleigh, NC.
- Hucal, G., & Mallory, L. (2015, February) The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Communication; Conference session presented at the SEAHO Conference; Mobile, AL.
- Hucal, G., & Mallory, L. (2014). Sexual Identity Development. In J. Garvey (Ed.), Theory to practice: Translating the process of student development at The University of Alabama (pp. 17-18). Tuscaloosa, AL: The University of Alabama.
Higher Education Awards | Recognition | Honor Societies
- Winner-Best Communication at Southeastern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROW) Case Study Competition; Spring 2014
- Nominated for 2014-2015 New Employee of the Year at FSU
- Kappa Delta Epsilon; The University of Alabama 2014
- Irene Brinson Munro Award Winner; Huntingdon College 2005
- Omicron Delta Kappa; Huntingdon College 2005
- Alpha Beta; Huntingdon College 2005
- Sigma Sigma Sigma; Huntingdon College 2005
- Alpha Psi Omega; Huntingdon College 2003
Certifications and Affiliations
- Emergency Oxygen Administration/Blood born Pathogens & OPIM Certification: 2017
- Ask, Listen, Refer Online Suicide Prevention Training: 2016
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certification: 2016
- FSU Social Justice Ally Certification: 2015
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA), Member
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA), Member
- Association for Orientation , Transition, and Retention in Higher Education (formerly NODA), Member