TAKE NOTE: New Student Orientation August 4-7, 2022
Dr. Carolyn Corliss
- Ed.D., Foundations, Technology, Leadership, Adult Education, Auburn University
- Master of Education, Exercise Science, Auburn University-Montgomery
- Bachelor of Science, Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, Troy State University
Dr. Carolyn Corliss joined the Huntingdon faculty in 2020. An educator with experience teaching in public schools and in colleges, she has served as a professor, assessment officer, certification officer, program director, department chair, and dean in the School of Education at the University of Mobile and as a certification officer at Auburn University-Montgomery.
- February 2015 – The International Society for the Social Studies, Orlando, Florida, “A Top Ten List for Elementary School Teachers”
- February 2015 – The International Society for the Social Studies, Orlando, Florida, “Selfies, Historical Markers, and Elementary Social Studies”
- October 2011 – American Institute of Higher Education International Conference. Orlando, Florida. “Does This Book make Me Look Fat? Creating Positive Imagery with Girls through Literacy and Classroom Practices”
- January 2009 – Annual Hawaii International Conference on Education Does the Buck Stop Here” Or, is it SEP? Academic Advising in Higher Education
- August 2004 – Pre-Olympic Congress, Greece, Eating attitudes and their correlates in a large sample of White and African American dance students
- March 2012 – Professional Development Schools National Conference Dedication and Professionalism with “Generation Me” Atlanta, Georgia
- May 2012 – American College of Sports Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, Self-Reports of Female Athletes’ Experiences With a Parent-Coach in Youth Sports: A Qualitative Inquiry
- February 2011 – Southern District of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Reinforcing Academics through Movement: A Collaborative Workshop for Everyone
- February 2010 – Association of Teacher Educators Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, Analyzing the Institutions Annual Report Card Using U.S. Census Data to Assure Diverse Field Experiences
- April 2012 – ASAHPERD, Surviving Internship
- November 2011 – ASAHPERD, Surviving Skills for Students
- May 2015 – Conference on Teaching and Learning – Implementing edTPA: Where to start? – Mobile, Alabama
- April 2012 – Enterprise Community College – Blackboard Grading Center Presentation for Faculty members
- July 2011 – Auburn University Montgomery, No Child Left on Their Behind: Reinforcing Academics Through Movement
- Corliss, C. (2015). Building for Success through edTPA Portfolios: A Top 10 List for Pre-Service Teacher Candidates. 3(5). International Journal for Innovation Education and Research.
- Bowden, S., Duenas, G., Corliss, C. (2015). Musical Conversations: Lyrics to Lick Bullying. The Center for Scholastic Inquiry.
- Corliss, C. and Bowden, S. (2015). School/Family Communication and Involvement: A Top Ten List for Elementary School Teachers. 2015(1), 27-31. International Society for the Social Studies Journal.
- Bowden, S., and Corliss, C. (2015). Historical Markers and Teaching Social Studies. International Society for the Social Studies Journal.
- Corliss, C. D. (2018). Unit V Study Guide Test Taking Strategies for Successful Learning. Retrieved from Columbia Southern University Blackboard Learning, SLS 1000 Student Learning Success, from //online.columbiasouthern.edu/webapps/portal
- Bowden, S., Strichik, T., Corliss, C., Griffon, R. (2013). Professional Conversations on “What Not To Wear” and Other Essential Advice for Female Pre-service Teachers. Women in Literacy and Life.
- Duenas, G., Bowden, S., & Corliss, C. (2010). Building bridges of multicultural languages and cultures: Teachers, student, and community. 46(1), 44-47. Florida Reading Journal.
- Corliss, C., and Bowden, S. (2010). Does This Book Make me Look Fat? Creating Positive Imagery with Girls through Literacy and Classroom Practices. 3(2), 68-72. (Abstracted). America Institution of Higher Education
- Corliss, C., Olson, M. & Williford, H. (2007). Self-Reports of Female Athletes’ Experiences With a Parent-Coach in Youth Sports. 39(5), Suppl, S410-11. (Abstracted). American College of Sports Medicine.
- Esco, M., Olson, M., Williford, H. & Corliss, C. (2007). Anthropometiric and Performance Correlates of Push-up and Sit-up Tests. 39(5), Suppl, S353-357. (Abstracted). American College of Sports Medicine.
- Esco, M., Olson, M., Williford, H., and Corliss, C. (2007). Prediction of Selected Skinfold Measurements from Anthropometric and Performance Variables. 39(5), Suppl S356. (Abstracted). American College of Sports Medicine.