TAKE NOTE: Rhoda Coleman Ellison Writers Festival Featuring Amy Gentry; Thurs., Sept. 26, 7:30 p.m., Smith Recital Hall
Dr. Anna McEwan
- State Leaders Institute, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Becoming a Provost Academy, American Association of State Colleges and Universities and the American Academic Leadership Institute
- Doctor of Philosophy, Elementary Education, Florida State University
- Master of Arts, Elementary Education, University of West Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, Elementary Education, Asbury University, Wilmore, Kentucky
Dr. Anna McEwan joined Huntingdon as provost and dean of the college in July 2017, after serving in higher education leadership for 11 years at the University of Montevallo, beginning as interim dean and department chair and moving to the deanship of the College of Education. Prior to her tenure at Montevallo, she served as a professor and elementary education program coordinator for Asbury University for nine years, and as an assistant professor and director of graduate studies in education for three years at Columbia College.
She has published in scholarly journals and made numerous scholarly presentations.
A past state president and treasurer for the Alabama Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (ALACTE), she is a member of the Advisory Council of State Representatives, Southeastern Regional Representative for AACTE; the Alabama Council for the Social Studies; Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education; Association of Moral Education; and the National Parent-Teacher Association.
She volunteers regularly for Kids First Community Center and for The Gathering Place United Methodist Church in Moody, Alabama.