Once you are admitted to the Huntingdon College Evening Bachelor’s Degree, there are just a few more steps to complete the enrollment process.
Your letter of acceptance will include information about your Huntingdon e-mail account and password. You will use this account for correspondence with the College from this point forward. Be sure to check this e-mail address daily.
Transfer of Credit Evaluation
After you complete the admission process, your file will be sent to the Office of the Registrar for a Transfer of Credit Evaluation (TCE). The registrar will prepare an official Check Sheet, listing the courses that transferred and the courses that remain to complete your degree requirements. The Check Sheet will be sent to you via your Huntingdon e-mail account. The Check Sheet is copied to your site coordinator (who is also your academic adviser) and is the official document that indicates transfer of credit. (Note that your site coordinator may prepare an unofficial Check Sheet for initial advising purposes, but this is not the official document.) Your site coordinator will provide a Plan of Study for you, listing the courses you will complete to progress toward your degree.
You should use your official Check Sheet as a guideline upon which to record classes as they are completed and to plan your future registrations. The adult learning section of the College Catalog can be used in conjunction with the Check Sheet and Plan of Study.
Your site coordinator will use the Check Sheet for in-office updates at the end of each semester. Any revisions to your Plan of Study will be sent to your Huntingdon e-mail address.
Complete Your Degree at Your Pace
As you continue toward graduation in the Huntingdon College Evening Bachelor’s Degree, your enrollment will be supported by ongoing advising from your site coordinator. It is important to us that your questions are answered and that you feel at ease with the process to complete your degree.
Before You Register
- The first time you register, you will meet with your site coordinator. Subsequent registrations may be completed online. Contact your site coordinator for registration deadline information.
- Your account must be cleared through the Student Account Manager before your registration can be processed.
- Final official transcripts from previous institutions must be received in the Office of the Registrar before registration can be processed for any returning student. Transcripts should be sent to: Office of the Registrar/EBD, Huntingdon College, 1500 East Fairview Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36106-2148.
- Your Huntingdon College Self-Service account username and password information are required to access your online account for the purposes of registration, enrollment changes, and grade access. A list of courses offered each semester by site, course modules, and other information can be found at the Self-Service link. If you experience difficulties accessing your account, contact the Office of Technology Support Services at email@example.com.
- Course prerequisites are listed in the catalog description in Self-Service. Information regarding each prerequisite is available in the current Huntingdon College Catalog or from your adviser. In order to register for a class that has a prerequisite, successful completion of the prerequisite course must be recorded by Huntingdon College.
- Extension courses are courses hosted from the Montgomery site and extended through media to other sites. Interaction with faculty is essentially the same as if everyone is in the same room. Extension courses allow the College to offer a wider variety of courses by quality faculty members to all students.
- Note: In order to withdraw from a class without incurring tuition charges, the withdrawal must be received in the Registrar’s office prior to the beginning of the session.