Take Note

Fall 2018 Classes Begin August 20

Apply now! See the Office of Admission.

International Students

Huntingdon Welcomes International Students

Central PerkHuntingdon College is pleased to receive and review applications for admission from international students. Since correspondence for international admission can be extensive and time-consuming, it is strongly recommended that students apply by May 15 for the fall semester and by October 15 for the spring semester.

Admission Requirements

Huntingdon is authorized under the United States Immigration and Nationalization Act to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. International students are required to follow the prescribed admission procedures below and to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language examination (TOEFL), the American College Test (ACT), or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), and to provide an official statement of financial resources sufficient to support educational costs.

Academic Preparation

An international freshman applicant must have above-average grades (equivalent to a minimum of 2.40 grade point average based on a 4.00 grading scale) in a balanced academic curriculum from the secondary school. An international transfer student must be in good academic standing and eligible to return to the post-secondary institution last attended.

Entrance Examinations

Huntingdon does not offer courses in English as a Second Language (ESL) and therefore requires evidence of English proficiency for consideration of admission. If the native language is not English, proficiency should be substantiated by a minimum score of at least 500 on the written Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 173 on the computer-based TOEFL; an SAT combined score of 930 with a minimum SAT verbal score of 490; or an ACT composite score of at least 20, with a minimum English subscore of 20.

How to Apply

Upon completion of the application sequence described below, your credentials will be evaluated, and a decision will be communicated back to you as quickly as possible. International students must submit the following items:

  • International Student Information Packet (Download PDF). All sections, including financial information, must be completed, certified, and signed;
  • International Student Online Application (Apply Online)
  • Official academic transcripts from all secondary schools (high schools) and, if applicable, post-secondary schools (colleges or universities) attended. Transcript(s) in languages other than English must include official, certified English translations, authentic verifying statements, and signatures. Note: Huntingdon makes every effort to evaluate the transcripts of international students. However, in some cases it may be necessary to obtain a certified evaluation of the transcript(s). If such an evaluation is required as part of the admission process, transfer of credit evaluation, or athletic eligibility certification process, the student must bear the cost of this professional evaluation. Information regarding this process may be obtained by contacting the Office of Admission;
  • Entrance examination scores (i.e. TOEFLACTSAT) must be sent directly from the testing centers to the Office of Admission.

Financial Verification

International students must have sufficient funds to cover tuition, fees, textbooks, living expenses, transportation expenses, and other incidental expenses while attending college in the United States. Applicants should be realistic in determining the extent of their personal financial resources relative to the total cost. Documented evidence of means of financial support must be provided before admission decisions can be made.

Federal and state financial aid is not available to international students. Institutional financial aid may be available to highly qualified students.

Enrollment Verification

Once you receive your letter of acceptance as an international student, you must confirm your intention to enroll.

  • Complete the required enrollment forms.
  • Submit a deposit equal to one semester’s tuition, fees, room, board, books, health insurance coverage (required of all international students), and miscellaneous expenses, less any financial aid that would be applied to the first semester of attendance.

Upon receipt of the above items, a Certificate of Eligibility Non-Immigrant F-1 Student Status (Form I-20A) will be mailed to you.

Huntingdon is a residential campus. Policies and procedures related to living on campus and options to live off-campus can be found in the Residential Life section of the website. International students should keep in mind that residence hall rooms are assigned based on date of receipt of the completed Housing Forms and all deposits.

Additional Responsibilities

International students must comply carefully with all nonimmigrant alien requirements as stated in the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service Laws and Regulations.

After the College has confirmed your eligibility for admission and has granted acceptance to the College, and after you have paid the International Student Deposit, the College will issue the Form I-20A and send it to you.

Upon receipt of the Form I-20A, you should apply for a student visa (F-1). Documented evidence of financial support must be attached to the Certificate of Eligibility when applying for the student visa at the United States Embassy or Consular Office. The time required for passport processing can be quite lengthy. It is important to apply for the passport well in advance of your departure date.

A Travel Information Form will be enclosed with the I-20A. The completed form should be returned to the Office of Admission when travel arrangements have been finalized.