Take Note

Fall 2018 Classes Begin August 20

Apply now! See the Office of Admission.

Other Students

Flowers Hall Cloister

Readmits, Special Students, Transient Students

Huntingdon welcomes applications for admission from:

  • Readmits—students who were formerly admitted and would like to apply for readmission;
  • Transient Students—visiting students who are enrolled at other colleges; and
  • Special Students—students who are non-degree seeking but who would like to enroll in credit-bearing classes.

For assistance, please contact the Office of Admission at (334) 833-4497 or 800-763-0313.

Readmission to Huntingdon

If you are a former Huntingdon College student who wishes to return to Huntingdon, please submit an application for admission to the Office of Admission. Students who have attended other institutions during their absence from Huntingdon must have official transcripts and financial aid transcripts (whether aid was received or not) sent from each institution attended. An interview with the vice president for enrollment management or provost may be required as part of the readmission process. Students who are readmitted must receive clearance from the Office of Student Financial Services and the Registrar’s Office before they may register and attend classes. Please refer to the Huntingdon College Catalog for possible changes in degree requirements.

Transient Students

Transient status is available to students regularly enrolled and in good standing at another college or university who desire to attend Huntingdon College. To be considered for transient admission, submit a letter of good standing or a transient form indicating good standing and pre-approved courses from your home institution. This information should be presented to the Huntingdon College Registrar’s Office at the time of enrollment.

Special Students

Students who do not wish to seek a degree but who would like to enroll for one or more courses should submit the Special Student Application for Admission. Part-time, non-degree seeking students, designated as Special students, may register for regular courses through the Registrar’s Office. Registration is subject to the following restrictions:

  • Prospective Special students must confirm their completion of high school or the GED and provide all previous college transcripts, or they must be approved by the provost.
  • An individual denied admission to Huntingdon College as a degree-seeking student is not eligible to register as a Special student.
  • Special students may not take classes numbered 300 or above without the approval of the provost.
  • After completing four courses as a Special student, the student must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher to continue as a Special student.
  • Exemptions from any of the above restrictions may be granted only by the provost.
  • Payment arrangements for Special students must be made in accordance with the policies set forth for regular students as defined in the Huntingdon College Catalog.
  • Special students will be charged at the same rate per credit hour as regular students; are not eligible to live in residence halls or to participate in intercollegiate athletics or fraternity or sorority membership; and are not eligible for any Huntingdon College scholarships or Title IV federal funds.
  • If a Special student subsequently meets regular eligibility admission requirements and chooses to become a degree-seeking student, transcripts from previous colleges and universities attended will be evaluated.
  • Any credits earned while designated a Special student are applicable toward the degree sought at Huntingdon College.
  • Special students must adhere to the same institutional academic policies (except as noted above) as regular students.