Take Note


July 26 | August 17

Transfer Admission

Transfer to Huntingdon

Katie Simon and Adapted PEHuntingdon College welcomes applications from students who wish to transfer from other regionally accredited colleges and universities. Transfer applications are reviewed and admission decisions are reached after the required information has been received by the Office of Admission.

Transfer Admission Requirements

If you have completed at least 24 semester hours of non-remedial coursework at an accredited college or university, you may apply for admission as a transfer student. If your academic background does not fit this definition, you may apply for admission as an incoming freshman.

In order to be eligible for regular admission as a transfer student, you must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on all work attempted at the post-secondary level. If you have earned a cumulative GPA below 2.5, your file will be reviewed by the Provost’s office for an admission decision. In addition to the grade point average requirement, you must be in good academic standing at all institutions previously attended. Transfer applicants under academic or disciplinary suspension or dismissal from a previous institution cannot be admitted to Huntingdon until such sanctions are lifted.

How to Apply

  • Submit the Application for Admission
  • Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. If you are enrolled at a college, a second transcript indicating completion of the term and eligibility to return to the institution will be required.

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Transfer Scholarships are determined by a student’s cumulative academic grade point average. For students who have attended more than one post-secondary institution, the academic grade point average will be calculated from all colleges and universities attended.

You may begin the need-based financial aid process after October 1 of the year prior to fall admission.

How Credits Transfer to Huntingdon

As a transfer student, up to 64 semester hours earned at a two-year institution or 90 semester hours earned at a four-year institution may be credited toward the 120-semester-hour degree requirement at Huntingdon College. Transfer credit is granted for any course deemed comparable to a course offered for academic credit at Huntingdon College or of such a nature that it would carry academic credit if it were offered at Huntingdon, provided that the student has earned a grade of “D” or better, or, in the case of a course taken on a “Pass/Fail” basis, a grade of “P” (the “P” must be equated to a “D” or better). Transfer credit is evaluated by the Huntingdon Registrar’s Office once a student has been selected for admission and has confirmed an intention to enroll. No student may assume that credit will be given for work at other institutions until a written statement of credit accepted is received by the student from the Huntingdon Registrar’s Office.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What if I need to know which credits will transfer to Huntingdon before the Registrar’s Office can perform an official evaluation?
A: There are two resources that will help you determine which classes will transfer in:

  1. The Huntingdon College Catalog at www.huntingdon.edu/catalog. Use this resource to compare Huntingdon course descriptions with descriptions for courses completed at other colleges or universities to determine if the content is similar.
  2. The Registrar’s Office keeps a database of courses that have been evaluated from other colleges and universities. To access this listing, click on the Registrar’s Office Transfer Information link above. Select the institution from which you are transferring to see which courses have transferred to Huntingdon in the past. Note that if a course you’ve taken isn’t listed, that doesn’t mean the course will not transfer to Huntingdon; your course may not have been evaluated previously by the Huntingdon Registrar’s Office.

Q: What courses from other colleges or universities will not transfer in?
A: Transfer credit is not granted for courses that belong to one or more of the following categories:

  1. Courses in professional, vocational, or sectarian religious study.
  2. Courses below the level of introductory courses at Huntingdon College.
  3. Courses that have not received a grade of “D” or better.
  4. Courses completed while a student was not in good academic standing.
  5. Huntingdon does not grant credit for attendance in service schools or training programs in the Armed Forces unless such attendance is equivalent to a course offered at Huntingdon College. Academic courses taken while on military service at accredited colleges, universities, or language institutes may transfer in the normal manner. No credit is granted for general military training.

Q: What if I am not currently in good academic standing?
A: A transfer student must be in good academic standing at all institutions attended previously. Transfer applicants under academic or disciplinary suspension or dismissal from a previous institution cannot be admitted to Huntingdon until such sanctions are lifted.

For more information or to schedule a campus visit, contact:
Huntingdon College Office of Admission
Flowers Hall, Suite 114
1500 E. Fairview Ave. | Montgomery, AL | 36106
(334) 833-4497 | 1-800-763-0313