August 18, 2021
For more information, contact:
Su Ofe, (334) 833-4515; firstname.lastname@example.org
Huntingdon CCV Announces Fall 2021 Events
Montgomery, Ala.—The Huntingdon College Center for Career and Vocation has unveiled a comprehensive list of events and activities for the fall semester 2021.
“The Huntingdon Center for Career and Vocation begins working with students from their freshman year forward,” said CCV director Sherry Leigh Lacey Farquhar, Huntingdon Class of 2013. “It’s never too early to begin career planning and readiness.”
CCV offerings include resume preparation; aptitude testing and interest surveys; mock interviews; graduate and career placement fairs and information sessions; assistance with part-time and full-time job placement and graduate school applications; internship and externship placement; work-study training and placement; making connections with area professionals in one’s chosen field; field trips to graduate and professional schools; and information sessions with prospective employers, among other activities.
The CCV also works with faculty and academic programs to present information specific to career fields.
The fall 2021 list of events is as follows:
- Pre-Law Interest Meeting, Friday, August 20, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., Stallworth Dining Room, Russell Dining Hall
- Scarlet & Grey Connection Coffees (opportunities to meet and chat with local professionals)—coffees will take place 8:00–9:00 a.m. in the Scarlet & Grey Shop:
- Friday, August 27
- Friday, September 24
- Friday, October 29
- Resume Seminar (National Update Your Resume Month), Wednesday, September 1, 12:30–1:30 p.m., Flowers 218
- Resume Pop-Ins for National Update Your Resume Month:
- Tuesday, September 7, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., Jackson 108
- Tuesday, September 14, 3:00–4:00 p.m., Jackson 108
- Tuesday, September 21, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., Jackson 108
- Tuesday, September 28, 3:00–4:00 p.m., Jackson 108
- Personal Statement Workshop, Wednesday, September 8, 12:30–1:30 p.m., Flowers Hall 218
- Networking Luncheon, Friday, September 17, 12:00-1:00 p.m., Stallworth Dining Room, Russell Dining Hall
- Professional Headshots, Wednesday, September 22, 12:30–1:30 p.m., The Green
- Student Intern Panel, Wednesday, October 6, 12:30–1:30 p.m., Stallworth Dining Room, Russell Dining Hall
- Alabama Connection Graduate School Expo, Tuesday, October 19, 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., Virtual
- Meet the Firms Accounting Fair, Friday, October 22, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., Drum Theater
- Adulting Series I: Business & Professional Communication, with Elizabeth Rogers, Wednesday, October 27, 12:30–1:30 p.m., Flowers Hall 218
- Adulting Series II: Business & Professional Attire, Wednesday, November 3, 12:30–1:30 p.m., Stallworth Dining Room, Russell Dining Hall
- Pre-Health Grad School Fair, Friday, November 5, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., Drum Theater
Most events require an RSVP. The Center for Career and Vocation is in Miriam Jackson Home, Room 113, on the Huntingdon College campus. Questions about upcoming events, RSVPs for events, and requests for personal appointments may be addressed by emailing email@example.com.
Huntingdon College is a coeducational residential liberal arts college of the United Methodist Church offering more than thirty programs of study and twenty NCAA-Division III athletic teams. The College also offers the Master of Athletic Training.