March 29, 2022
For more information, contact:
Su Ofe, (334) 833-4515; firstname.lastname@example.org
Huntingdon Music Faculty Perform in Recital
Montgomery, Ala.—Faculty in the Huntingdon College Music program will present a recital Tuesday, April 5, at 7:00 p.m. in the College’s Ligon Chapel, inside Flowers Hall. The event is free and open to the public.
Performances will include:
- Dr. Brandon Slocumb, Trombone, performing “Arrows of Time,” by Richard Peaslee
- Jessica Williams, Percussion, performing “Karakurenai,” by Andy Akiho
- Daniel Dubei (composer), whose work, “La Nuit Noire,” will be performed by a brass quintet
- Alina Windell, Flute, performing “Fantaisie Pastorale Hongroise” (Hungarian Pastoral Fantasy), by Albert Franz Doppler
- Dr. Brenda Luchsinger, Horn, performing “Canciones,” by Paul Basler
- Dr. James Conely, Organ, performing the first movement of the 6th Organ Symphony, Op. 42, No. 2, by Charles-Marie Widor
- Laryne Monte, Collaborative Piano
The concert is expected to last about 50 minutes.
Huntingdon College is a coeducational residential liberal arts college of the United Methodist Church offering more than thirty undergraduate programs of study and 21 NCAA-Division III athletic teams. The Department of Fine Arts offers majors in Music and Music Education (P–12, Instrumental), minors in music and art, and performing ensembles including the Marching Scarlet & Grey; Huntingdon Winds Concert Band; Huntingdon Jazz; BallHawks Pep Band; Huntingdon Choir; and various chamber music ensembles.