Books and Information Resources Announcement
Dear Students and Families,
Earlier this year, we posted in The Talon the change in the College bookstore’s ownership from Follett Higher Education Group to college ownership.
If you are an incoming freshman or transfer or if you entered Huntingdon during the 2016–2017 academic year as a freshman or transfer student, your fee schedule includes books and information resources. There is no need for you to purchase books. Your books and information resources will be distributed during these dates and times:
- New Fall 2017 students (freshmen and transfers): Friday, August 18, as part of Big Red Weekend.
- Students who entered during the 2016–2017 academic year: Sunday, August 20, 1:00–4:00 p.m., in the Huntingdon Bookstore, Roland Student Center.
- Note that other dates and times for resource distribution will be scheduled during the first week of classes.
If you are a rising junior or senior at Huntingdon this year, you should order your fall term books now from third-party vendors such as amazon.com or textbooks.com. Some sites will allow you to rent your books as long as you return them by a certain date. You may look up the required books for your classes, along with their ISBN codes, on your Self Service Account, as follows:
- If you have registered for classes:
- Log in to your Self Service Account and go to your Fall 2017 class schedule.
- Click on the link that corresponds with the course title.
- Under the course description, click on the link titled “Book Information.”
- If you have not yet registered for classes, from the College’s Self-Service home page, click on the Traditional Fall 2017 link, then follow steps 2 and 3 above.
Although the Huntingdon bookstore will no longer carry books for upper-level classes and students, there is a wide array of new merchandise available for purchase. Stop by and see the new shirts, caps, and other items when you return to campus. The location is the same: Roland Student Center.
We’re looking forward to a great 2017–2018 academic year!