TAKE NOTE: New Student Orientation August 4-7, 2022

EBD graduate family

Continue Your Journey

If your path to a bachelor’s degree was interrupted by life circumstances, continue your journey among friends in the Evening Bachelor’s Degree at Huntingdon College. In this program, you can complete your degree in as little as *18 months by attending classes just one night a week. Nearly every five weeks, you will complete another class, and you will march toward your goal at a location convenient to you and at a sure and steady pace. Apply for admission today!

Eligibility for Admission

Huntingdon College Evening Bachelor’s Degree admission is open to adults who:

  • Have earned a minimum grade point average of 2.00 on all work attempted at the post-secondary level; and
  • Have accumulated at least 30–45 hours of transferable college credit. Transferable college credit is defined as college-level course work from a regionally accredited institution with a grade of “D” or higher. Up to 30 hours of credit earned by satisfactory scores on CLEP examinations may also be used for course credit.

Because of the prohibitive costs involved in processing international student admission, Huntingdon College does not process international student applications at this time.

Applying is Easy

You may apply for admission anytime; you may start courses at the beginning of any five-week session. There are three five-week sessions each semester.

  1. Submit the online Evening Bachelor’s Degree Application for Admission.
  2. Request that official copies of your transcripts be sent from your current and former colleges to Huntingdon College Evening Bachelor’s Degree Registrar, 1500 E. Fairview Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36106.

What Questions Do You Have?

  • ADCP classHow soon after I apply to the Evening Bachelor’s Degree will I learn if I have been accepted to the program?
    As soon as our office receives all required information (including official transcripts from all colleges attended), we will process your application and notify you of your acceptance status.
  • May I register for a class if I am not accepted to the program?
    Only students who have been accepted to the Evening Bachelor’s Degree can enroll in these courses.
  • When may I register for classes?
    You may register anytime after acceptance to the program. A new session begins every five weeks.
  • May I take more than one class each session?
    If you earn an acceptable grade point average during your first semester of attendance, you may enroll in up to two classes per session thereafter, provided your grade point average remains strong.
  • When will I learn what credits have transferred? What information will I receive?
    When the Office of the Registrar completes your Transfer of Credit Evaluation, you will receive an official Check Sheet and Plan of Study indicating the courses that transferred and the courses remaining to complete your degree.
  • How long will it take me to complete my degree?
    The answer to this question will be determined when your transfer of credit has been completed and we receive notification of your plan of study from the registrar for the Evening Bachelor’s Degree. We will work with you one-on-one to plan your course roll-out.
  • May I take courses at other sites or locations if the course I need is not offered at my home site?
    All accepted students may attend classes at any location.
  • What if I don’t have 30–45 hours of previously earned credit?
    Your application will be kept on file for one year while you attend classes at another college or university.
  • What if I don’t have a grade point average of at least 2.0 in prior coursework?
    Student files are reviewed on an individual basis. Your site coordinator will work with you in order to develop a course of action.
  • Is there a fee for parking on any of the campuses?
    There are nominal fees at some of the campuses.
  • How do I know what is required for each course?
    Modules are posted online and will outline the requirements for each course.
  • How do I buy my books?
    You may order your books through any online retailer.
  • What will I need the first night of class?
    There is always homework due the first night of class. Assignments are outlined in the course modules.
  • If I am transferring from a junior college partner institution, do I need to complete my Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree?
    You do not need an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree to be admitted to the program.

Contact Us

If you have further questions, contact the main Evening Bachelor’s Degree office at (334) 833-4518 or (888) 462-5067, or ebadmission@hawks.huntingdon.edu.  If you prefer, you may contact the site coordinator at your site, who will serve as your advisor through the admission and enrollment processes—all the way through graduation.

*Please note that the time it will take to complete your degree depends upon the credits you have earned previously, their transferability into the program, and your pace at completing successfully the courses remaining to fulfill your degree Plan of Study.

Scroll to Top
Close Menu