Enter to Grow in Wisdom
This is education for the real world. Critical thinking. Involved learning. Creative problem-solving.
From your first year forward, you will be challenged to think beyond comfortable boundaries, to explore new ways of knowing, and to learn what you are called to do with your life. A broad liberal arts core curriculum introduces you to subjects you have never thought about and careers you have never considered.
Take your education into your own hands through involved learning opportunities, such as internships, student-faculty research, service, independent study, academic clubs. and honor societies. You will graduate with a resume filled with experiences gained both inside and outside the classroom.
See Accreditation and Memberships for information about Huntingdon’s accreditation and academic affiliations.
- Dr. Sarah Conrad Sours , Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty
- Ms. Elizabeth B. Rogers, Director, Office of Academic Affairs
- Dr. Michele Scharff Olson ’86, Director, Institutional Review Board (IRB) for Human Subjects Research; Senior Clinical Professor, Sport Science and Physical Education
- Dr. Sara Shoffner , Associate Dean of Faculty
- Dr. William Young , Associate Dean for Curriculum and Academic Policy
- The W. James Samford Jr. School of Graduate and Professional Studies; Dean: Dr. Maureen Kendrick Murphy ’78.
- Master of Athletic Training Program, Dr. Jennifer Ballard , CAATE Program Administrator
Undergraduate Academic Departments
- Department of Business, Accounting, and Mathematics, Dr. Jane Goodson , Chair
- Department of Language, Literature, and Communication, Dr. Tom Perrin , Chair
- Department of the Library, Prof. Eric A. Kidwell , Chair
- Department of Natural Sciences, Dr. Paul Gier , Chair
- Department of Psychology and Criminal Justice, Dr. Kristine Copping , Chair
- Department of Religion and History, Dr. Stephen Sours , Chair
- Department of Sport Science and Physical Education, Dr. Sara Shoffner , Chair
- Department of Teacher Education and Fine Arts, Dr. Kim Stephenson , Chair
- Maryann Mooney Beck ’92, Registrar
- Dr. Lisa Olenik Dorman, Dean of Academic Enrichment; Professor of Physical Education and Sports Studies; Section 504/ADA Coordinator; Director of the Ability Sport Network
- Faculty Athletic Representative : Dr. Sara Shoffner, Assistant Professor of Sport Management
- Dr. Sidney J. Stubbs, Vice President for Institutional Research and Accreditation; Office of Institutional Research
Houghton Memorial Library
- Mr. Eric A. Kidwell, Director of the Library, Title IX Coordinator
- Ms. Joel Godfrey, Administrative Assistant
- Houghton Memorial Library website
Thomas and Emma Staton Center for Academic Enrichment
Joyce and Truman Hobbs Honors Program
- Dr. Tom Perrin , Director of the Hobbs Honors Program and Academic Outreach
- Joyce and Truman Hobbs Honors Program
Presidential Scholars Program
- Bria Rochelle-Stephens ’18 ,Vice President for Strategic Academic Initiatives; Director of the Huntingdon Presidential Scholars Program