Huntingdon’s CARE Team welcomes your referrals!
The Huntingdon CARE Team is made of key individuals who share concern for students’ success and progress. Often, we know that a student will exhibit similar behaviors academically, socially, and in work or team relationships. Together, we can take steps to help the student choose behaviors that will help her or him toward college success and/or health and wellness.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY and/or there is a potential threat to you or someone else, contact 9-1-1 or call Campus Security at (334) 324-6565.
CARE Team: Report your concern.
CARE Team Members
If you need assistance with a student referral, please contact a CARE Team member:
- Director of the Counseling Center
- Fran Taylor, Dean of Students
- Maryann Beck, Director of the Staton Center for Learning Enrichment
Behaviors of Concern
Please tell us if you know of a student who is exhibiting one or more of the following behaviors, or any behavior that is of concern to you.
- Social isolation
- Paranoid speech
- Suicidal ideation
- Self harm
- Eating disorders
- Serious loss or grief
- Odd/strange behavior
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Depression or anxiety
- Constant frustration
- Anger or rage
- Direct or vague threats of harm
- Yelling or disrespectful actions
- Sexual aggression or harassment
- Hardened point of view
- Missing class or assignments
- Poor quiz, test, or homework grades
- Disruptive or concerning behavior
- Excessive absences or tardiness
- Extreme change in mood, demeanor, dress, or appearance
- Sleeping or drowsiness in class
We cannot promise confidentiality. We will share this information with those who need to know.