Save the Date
Homecoming 2021: October 15-16, 2021
The Office for Student Affairs encompasses the programs of Counseling Services, Campus Ministries, Community Service, Campus Recreation, Student Activities, Greek Life, and Residence Life. These programs are designed to help develop oneself outside of the classroom. We offer a wide array of opportunities through clubs, organizations, activities, service opportunities, and leadership positions. Our student services are free to use (Campus Ministries and Counseling) and exist so that you can have a better experience during your time here.
We hope you can take advantage of these services and opportunities by getting involved!
Welcome home, and Hawk ’em!
Student Affairs Staff
Student Affairs Mission, Vision, and Learning Outcomes
The Office of Student Affairs at Huntingdon College is committed to the holistic development of the Hawk Community by promoting collegiate engagement through fostering Faith, Wisdom and Service.
The Office of Student Affairs at Huntingdon College strives to build lasting relationships among its diverse community by cultivating spiritual growth, knowledge and stewardship.
- Support and challenge student’s spiritual life and journey.
- Prepare individuals for success in all their endeavors.
- Reveal a passion for civic engagement.
Student Affairs Staff
The Office of Student Affairs staff includes:
- Fran Taylor, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Rhett Butler ’13, Chaplain of the College
- Logan Gildea ’19, Assistant Residence Director, Blount Hall
- Latonya Graham, PhD, NCC, LPCS, Director of Counseling Services
- Staci-Jo Palek, Director of Residential Communities; Coordinator of Orientation; Residence Director, Ligon Hall
- Kathleen Penney ’15, Director of Student Activities
- Joe Thomas ’17, Assistant Director of Residential Communities; Residence Director, Searcy Hall; and IFC Adviser
- Da’Monta Wiggins, Residence Director, Blount Hall; Coordinator of Campus Recreation
In addition, Resident Assistants (RAs) work as part of the Student Life staff to maintain a safe, educational, and fun living experience in the residence halls.
Huntingdon College is a smoke-free campus.