Dr. Sara Marie Shoffner
- Ph.D., Troy University, 2017
- M.B.A., the University of Mississippi, 2012
- B.B.A., the University of Mississippi, 2011, Human Resources Emphasis
Dr. Shoffner joined the Huntingdon faculty after completing her doctoral degree at Troy University in May 2017. She has taught for Troy University and for St. Marks School in El Paso, Texas. She also served as a graduate assistant in the Office of Career Services and in the Office of Student-Athlete Services at Troy University Her research interests are improving the current understanding of sport management education.
• Koo, G.Y., Shoffner, S., & Ryu, J., (in press). Use of animated pedagogical agent in sport management education: Effect on students’ situational interest. Sport Management Education Journal
• Koo, G. Y., & Hardin, R., Shoffner, S. (in press). Effects of the hierarchical relationships of constraints on student attendance. International Journal of Sport Management.
• Shoffner, S. & Koo, G. Y. (under review) Impact of Unhealthy Product Sponsors and their CSR initiatives on Consumer Responses to the Event. Journal of Marketing Research.
• Koo, G.Y., Shoffner, S., Ryu, J. (in progress) Effects of the presence of a pedagogical agent and animated content on virtual case study. Journal of Marketing Education.
• Shoffner, S. & Koo, G. Y. (2017). Effects of message elaboration derived from authenticity on
consumer attitude and emotion toward sporting events. Under review for NASSM student research competition, Denver, CO
• Koo, G.Y., Shoffner, S., & Ryu, J., (2017). Increasing student engagement through the use of virtual case studies. Will be presented at NASSM, Denver, CO
• Shoffner, S., Slavich, M., & Koo, G. Y. (2017). I’ll have that!: The role of food and beverage choices in sport experience satisfaction. Will be presented at the Applied Sport Management Conference, Baton Rouge, LA
• Shoffner, S., & Koo, G. Y. (2016). Junk food sponsors in sports: Does it matter? Presented at the Applied Sport Management Conference, Baton Rouge, LA
• COSMA Student Member 2016-Present
• NASSM Student Member 2016-Present
• Attended NASSM Conference, Orlando, FL 2016
• Blackboard TOP Certification 2016
• Cole, S., Shoffner, S., & Reiss, E. (2016). Transitioning from undecided to career confident: A quantitative study of self-efficacy and career maturity among first year undeclared students. Applied for the Paul P. Fidler Research Grant in the amount of $5,000.
RESEARCH TRAVEL/PRESENTATION GRANTS
• Shoffner, S. (February 2017). Conference Presentation Grant. Funded by the Troy University Foundation in the amount of $400.
• Shoffner, S. (February 2016). Conference Presentation Grant. Funded by the Troy University Foundation in the amount of $475.
• Mentor 3 student-athletes every semester at Troy 2014-Present
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
• Volunteered to assist with Troy Fest 2016
• Participated in the Heart Walk 2016
• Attended the Relay for Life Walk 2015
• Ran in the Wear Blue Run to Remember in honor of fallen soldiers 2014
• Served as a Volunteer Coach for the First Tee of Greater El Paso 2012-2014
SERVICE TO THE CHURCH
• Member of First United Methodist Church, Troy, AL 2015-Present
• Active Member of Momentum Ministries 2015-Present
• Teacher for Children’s Church 2016-Present
University of Mississippi – Oxford, MS August 2010–December 2010 Student Assistant for the Women’s Golf Team; member of the team 2006–2010