A transcript is an exact and complete copy of the student’s academic record at the time it is issued. It contains all course work taken while enrolled at Huntingdon College as well as any credits transferred from another institution or earned through AP, CLEP, or IB work. Each transcript bears the official seal of the College, the signature of the Registrar, and is printed on watermark paper.
- The College prohibits the release of an academic transcript if the student has an unpaid account with our institution.
- According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act only the student can request a transcript.
- All transcripts are considered official and will not be issued in part.
- Transcripts issued to the student will be stamped with “ISSUED TO STUDENT” and are still considered official.
Requesting a Transcript
- A transcript request must be in writing.
- The request must contain the following:
- The student’s full name, both current and while in attendance at Huntingdon College.
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Dates of attendance
- The student’s current address and phone number
- Complete name and address of institution/person to whom the transcripts are to be sent
- The student’s signature in ink.
- There is a $5.00 charge for each transcript requested. The transcript will not be processed without payment. Payment is accepted in the form of a check made out to “Huntingdon College,” a money order, or credit card number. If payment is in the form of a credit card, a current, valid email address is required. Payments by credit card will be assessed a processing fee. The processing fee is 5% of the total charge for transcript fees or a minimum fee of $1; therefore, the cost of one transcript will typically be $6.
- Mail the request to:
1500 East Fairview Ave.
Montgomery, AL 36106-2148
Transcript Requests by Fax
The Registrar’s Office will accept a request by fax only if it contains all of the above information and a credit card number with an expiration date. VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are all accepted. Send all faxes to:
Attention: Registrar’s Office / (334)833-4313
How long will this take?
A transcript request will normally be processed within five business days of the date of receipt, the exception being during the busiest times of the year such as preregistration and the end of the academic term when grades are being posted.