The Office of Health and Wellness
The Office of Health and Wellness is located in The Hut. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays. The office provides treatment for minor injuries, evaluation of symptoms, over-the-counter medications, and referrals to doctors, clinics, and hospitals. Walk-ins are welcome; appointments are recommended.
NOTE: If you have symptoms of COVID-19, call the office to report your symptoms but do not come to the office.
To make an appointment:
- Email email@example.com
- Cell: (334) 832-6633
- Office: (334) 833-4440
- For after-hour emergencies, call 911. If transportation assistance is needed, contact Campus Security at (334) 833-4463.
- For after-hour illness, visit an urgent care facility.
- First Aid
- Triage and referral in association with Vaughn Urgent Care and various clinics and specialists in the River Region
- Over-the-counter medications
- Injections (parental guidance and physician referral required)
- Issuance of medical excuses for legitimate, substantial, and defensible causes
- Flu Shots
- For counseling and mental health needs, contact the Huntingdon Office of Counseling Services
There is no cost associated with services by the Office of Health and Wellness, however outside providers may have associated costs. Students will file with their health insurance provider(s) as necessary.
- Students are required to submit the Student Health Form prior to enrollment.
- Students who take special medications or who are allergic to medications are strongly encouraged to wear medical identification warning bracelets.
- Huntingdon College is a smoke-free campus.
- Health Facts
- Screenings and Vaccinations
Important Information about Student Health Insurance
Students enrolled in 12 credit hours or more in any one semester are required to submit health insurance documentation. Students are required to comply with any and all federal and/or state laws regarding the maintenance of health insurance. Students are strongly urged to have medical, accident, hospitalization and health insurance from a reputable provider. Huntingdon College is not responsible for students’ health-related expenses. Information regarding health insurance is available in the Office of Health and Wellness.