The Tech Team
The Office of Technology Support Services (Tech Team), with offices located in the Wilson Center, serves the entire campus community in the following ways:
- Orders, issues, and sets up laptop computers for students and other technology needs for faculty and staff (computers, printers, phones, etc.);
- Corrects issues that occur with technology;
- Arranges for campus-wide software access (Microsoft Office, AVG, and other programs);
- Maintains wired and wireless Internet connections;
- Maintains campus phones;
- Oversees and operates the Print and Mail Services Center;
- Issues faculty, staff, and student I.D. cards;
- Arranges for business cards and stationery/envelope needs (faculty and staff);
- Arranges technology for meetings and classes (including Smart Classrooms).
The HelpDesk is an automated system that enables students, faculty, and staff to report where repairs or attention is needed regarding facilities, technology, or buildings and grounds. See the HC Help Desk Instructions (pdf) to learn how to log-in and to record your HelpDesk concerns. For further assistance, contact Frank Grier at (334) 833-4005.
Get connected! At Huntingdon, each full-time student in the traditional program is provided a laptop computer for use during all four years of study—theirs to keep at graduation. Limited on-campus warranty maintenance for the hardware and installed software is provided, as well. Each residence hall room has a direct network connection for each student; with most areas on campus providing wireless Internet access. You may either provide your own printer or access low-cost printing services in the Print and Mail Services Center in Roland Student Center.
You will receive your computer and basic information about how to use it from the Office of Technology Support Services staff during Big Red Weekend (fall semester), or the weekend before classes begin in the spring semester, when you enroll for the first time. If you experience problems with the computer or would like more information about a specific function after you enroll, contact the Helpdesk.
Note: Computer specifications are determined on an annual basis. Transfer students may receive used or older models than freshmen receive.