College is what you make of it. The Presidential Fellows Program was designed for students who want to become engaged fully in the living and learning community that is Huntingdon College and who are not involved with other campus teams. The experience you gain will build your resume, increase your friend circle, and reward you with lasting memories and growing knowledge and skills.
Under the direction of Huntingdon faculty and administrators, the Presidential Fellows Program encourages personal and professional development,
provides individual and collective networking and community-building, and promotes scholarship through academic colloquy and individual study.
Make the most of your college experience. Be a Presidential Fellow.
The Presidential Fellowship offers a $5,000 annual scholarship in addition to *selected Huntingdon scholarships and financial aid.*See the 2020–2021 Scholarships and Financial Aid brochure for more information.
The Presidential Fellows Commitment
Select an Academic Team, and participate in that team for at least 10 hours each week.
- Ability First—work with students through the Ability First (disability services) Office or through the Ability Sport Network (youth wheelchair sports teams).
- Academic Mentoring Team—provide leadership, tutoring, and other academic guidance and support for students and/or academic programs.
- Forensics/Debate Team—serve as a leader in the team by supporting individual and team rhetorical events and preparing debaters for competition.
- Media Production/Social Media Team—provide support for recording and reporting college activities and events, creating content for College social media accounts.
- Sports Marketing and Broadcasting Team—provide support to all Huntingdon College NCAA Athletic Teams by promoting, recording and reporting events, and creating content for HC Athletics’ social media accounts.
- Student Technology Support Team—provide support for instructional/classroom technology initiatives for faculty and students.
- Undergraduate Science Research Team—commit to participation in undergraduate research in the sciences and/or serve as a faculty research assistant or lab assistant.
In addition to team participation, you will be required to complete the following:
- Participate in Huntingdon Student Affairs programming.
- Complete annual service projects.
- Complete a Capstone project.
- Live in Huntingdon’s on-campus residential community.
- Fulfill general program requirements.
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward your degree.
- Remain in good conduct standing with the College.
Eligibility and the Application Process
To apply for consideration for the Presidential Fellows Program, please complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the Presidential Fellows Application by December 1 along with or in addition to your Application for Admission. The first round of Fellows will be selected by December 21. The second round of Fellows applications are due by February 1, and the third round of Fellows will be decided after April 1.
- Be admitted to Huntingdon College as an unconditional admit.
- Achieve an ACT score of at least 23 (determined by the Huntingdon Office of Admission) and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in high school.
- Achieve a minimum College GPA of 3.0 for transfer students.
- Agree to participate in one of seven Presidential Fellows Academic Teams.
Note: because of the time commitment, the Presidential Fellows program is not open to students who participate in NCAA-III athletic teams, cheerleading, or band.
Leanne Mallory Carroll, Presidential Fellows Program Director
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Director of the Huntingdon Presidential Fellows Program