The Presidential Scholars Program
The Presidential Scholars Program (formerly known as the Presidential Fellows Program) is an academic program that promotes experiential learning, encourages personal and professional development, provides individual and collective networking and community-building opportunities, and promotes scholarship through academic colloquy and individual study. Students who have an interest in building their resume, increasing their friend circle, and creating lifelong memories and connections should consider applying for the Presidential Scholars Program.
President Scholars Signature Opportunities
- Undergraduate-level professional experiences in each student’s interest area
- Targeted mentoring by faculty and staff members
- Atmosphere of support and stimulation
- Intentional opportunities for networking, personal and professional development, and community-building
- Assistance in applying for jobs and graduate/professional schools
- Guidance in creating a portfolio/resume preparing students for experience following graduation
- Opportunities for community service
Each Presidential Scholar will join a faculty-guided cohort to assist in planning their long-term academic pursuits, career plans, goals, and/or interest. Throughout their four years as a Presidential Scholar, participants progressively gain knowledge and experience in their selected academic area. Satisfactory participation as a Presidential Scholar provides each Scholar with quantifiable experience in their specific area of interest, as well as general leadership and personal development skills.
In addition to the other aspects of the Presidential Scholars Program, Presidential Scholars are eligible for a $19,000 scholarship that is renewable annually for a minimum of three years, as long as award criteria are met.
Scholars Eligibility 2024-2025
- 3.0 GPA & 23 ACT or 3.75 GPA with no test score
- Open to incoming freshmen
- Open to transfer students with 36 credit hours or less of transfer credit
- Campus residency required
- Participation in the Presidential Scholars Program required
- Participation in the Hobbs Honors Program required.
- Due to the time commitment for this program, Presidential Scholarships are reserved for those who are not participating in NCAA-III athletic teams, Esports, the Kingswood Initiative, band, dance, or cheer teams.
- Complete and submit the Presidential Scholars Application (see below) along with or in addition to your Application for Admission.
Admission to the Presidential Scholars program will be granted on a rolling basis until all places are filled. Early application is encouraged.