The Next Step
In addition to completing an application for admission to an elementary, secondary, or P–12 Teacher Education program, prospective teacher candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Clearance through fingerprinting & FBI Criminal Background Check.
- Completion of EDUC 101 Foundations of Education with a grade of C or higher; completion of requisite field experience hours; successful Disposition Assessment.
- Completion of EDUC235 Human Growth & Development (or SSPE 220 Motor Development for Physical Education) with a grade of C or higher; completion of requisite field experience hours; successful Disposition Assessment.
- Minimum 36 semester hours completed.
- Minimum 3.00 GPA overall, in professional studies (EDUC courses), and in the teaching field (major courses).
- Passing score on admission interview.
- Three faculty recommendations.
- Passing score on Core Academic Skills for Educators test (Praxis I).
The admission process typically occurs during the sophomore year. Specific details are provided for students during EDUC 101 and EDUC 235. For more information, contact Dr. Carolyn Corliss, Dean, School of Teacher Education, at email@example.com.