2019 Symphonic Honor Band Information
Registration for the day begins at 9:00 a.m. in Smith Hall, and auditions for chair placement will begin at 9:30 a.m.. These auditions will be conducted by the band staff and Huntingdon band student leaders. Your auditions will be based on the following:
Brass and Woodwinds – All-State chromatic scale and sight reading.
Percussion – Any combination of these instruments:
- Snare drum – All-State buzz roll and sight reading
- Mallets – All-State chromatic scale and sight reading
- Timpani – All-State tuning and sight reading
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your instruments / accessories (reeds, valve oil, sticks/mallets, etc.)
- Your band’s concert uniform
- A music stand (wire or solid accepted. Please write your name for identification)
- Money for meals on Friday (the event will conclude by lunch time on Saturday)
- You will be responsible for your own lodging if you are driving from out of town, so please make appropriate arrangements.
If for any reason you are unable to attend the Honor Band, please notify us via e-mail at email@example.com as soon as possible so that we may find an alternate for your instrument.