TAKE NOTE: New Student Orientation August 4-7, 2022
The following information will guide you through the undergraduate admission and financial aid application processes:
- Complete the process of applying for admission as outlined on the Traditional Admission page. Follow the steps indicated for your undergraduate status (freshman, transfer, special, or other) to complete your application. NOTE: If you receive an offer of admission for the following fall term by December 1 of the year prior and believe you are eligible for Honors Scholarship or Presidential Fellows consideration, you must complete the appropriate scholarship form and submit it online. The deadline for Honors Scholarship consideration is December 1.
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). An FSA ID includes a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Register for your FSA ID at https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing.
o If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need your own FSA ID if you want to sign your student’s FAFSA electronically. If you have more than one student attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign all applications. Please note: Each FSA ID user must have a unique e-mail address.
o Your FSA ID is used to sign legally-binding documents electronically. It has the same legal status as a written signature.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible after October 1 of the year prior to fall term enrollment. (For example, for fall 2023 enrollment, begin the process October 1, 2022.) The Huntingdon Title IV code is 001019. By including the College code, Huntingdon will receive the results automatically.
- Explore local financial aid sources with your high school, community, church, or employers and check out no-cost Internet scholarship search engines, such as http://www.finaid.org, http://www.fastweb.com, and http://www.collegeanswer.com. In general, Huntingdon does not encourage the use of scholarship services that require fees.
- After Huntingdon receives the report generated from your FAFSA, known as the Student Aid Report (SAR), your financial aid offer will be prepared. You will be considered for all forms of aid for which you are eligible (note that some scholarships, such as Honors Scholarships or Hawk Grants, have separate application procedures and/or deadlines and will only be included on your offer once the Office of Student Financial Services is notified by the Office of Admission that you have received these awards). Huntingdon financial aid award letters are mailed starting in February. Estimates are given upon request and after completion of the FAFSA.
- When you receive your financial aid offer, accept or decline each component of the offer, sign the offer, and return it to the Office of Student Financial Services. NOTE: Be sure you complete applications for components of your aid offer such as loans, the Alabama Student Grant application, and other programs as applicable by the deadlines necessary.
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit to reserve your place in the entering class and to secure your financial aid offer.
- Complete the forms necessary on the Enrollment Information page (housing information, health form, immunizations, other forms) and plan ahead for what will become four of the best years of your life!